They have a shop in dumbo - on the corner of front st and Washington st. Looks like they're unavailable online.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3151post #47251 of 1224163/30/13 at 10:20ampost #47252 of 1224163/30/13 at 10:47amQuote:
That is pretty bad, though I can relate. I always like the cooler weather as it allows for more apparel options. I like boots so when spring hits and we all get excited about the warm weather to come, there's a not so small part of me that realizes that my shell dress boots or CXL casual boots will see less and less wear. However, we also start to see more skin and sun dresses so there is that. Then we can break out the suede chukkas and before you know it, the kids are getting ready for s hool to start and i am back in shell boots.
Wow...summer really flew by again this yearpost #47253 of 1224163/30/13 at 11:40amhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-BEAUTIFUL-Alden-Horween-Shell-Cordovan-Cap-Toe-Boots-Size-10D-/181112954457?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2a2b2c5e59
Any idea what last this is? The seller doesnt know. Looks like grant or barrie. Im thinking most likely grantpost #47254 of 1224163/30/13 at 11:57ampost #47255 of 1224163/30/13 at 12:03pmpost #47256 of 1224163/30/13 at 12:06pmpost #47257 of 1224163/30/13 at 12:06pmpost #47258 of 1224163/30/13 at 12:13pmpost #47259 of 1224163/30/13 at 12:16pmpost #47260 of 1224163/30/13 at 12:41pmpost #47261 of 1224163/30/13 at 12:45pmpost #47262 of 1224163/30/13 at 1:26pmAlden suede owners I have a quick question. I just got a pair of snuff plain toes and noticed this odd spot
Is this something normal that should brush out? Or is it an issue? I naturally tried brushing it with my finger a bit to see if it was a bit of extra material that would wipe off, but it didn't.post #47263 of 1224163/30/13 at 1:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by zippyh
No, that wasn't the "one fact" you got wrong. Can you tell us more about the Chinese hackers and how it relates to Rolex S/N and fakes?
You said there's a big lawsuit.
Apparently you've never been to a Tourneau. Amongst watch enthusiats, there's an old joke.
Q: What's the difference between a used car salesman and a Tourneau salesman?
A: The used car salesman knows when he's telling a lie.
Your story about the Chinese fakes that could fool everyone with a shadowy organized crime syndicate behind them are the same stories that were going around in the 90s only the fakes were reputed to be from Italy and the crime syndicates were eastern european. The hacking of Rolex computer systems is a nice new touch though.
You've somehow taken a remark from some one (a friend of a friend perhaps?) that the Chinese are buying up dead horses and that's what's causing the cordovan shortage. That sounds entirely plausible.
You then go on to raise some FUD by coming to the conclusion that they're obviously going to start faking Horween cordovan complete with stamp to make fake Aldens and flood the market.
Turn your wayback machine to 2007/2008 if you want to read about the last Cordovan shortage.
That funny Rolex story you linked to is questionable that it happened as stated. The presentation watch backs are engraved with Daytona 24 Winner or something like that.
Exaggeration to some degree, I have been lurking on this thread for a short while. The more whiskey and ravello screenshots that are posted, the more those who don't have them will want to acquire them. I fall into this group as I have recently bought my first pair of shell cordovan boots, and my focus has turned to acquiring ravello and whiskey shades. They're beautiful colors and the talk of how rare they are make them even more appealing in a twisted manner. This talk of shell shortage does very much to help sellers, and the buyers are now wanting if they are not #8 or black.
I'm curious zippyh, can you briefly elaborate on the shell shortage back in 2007-2008? At the very least for me personally, if I can figure out this is cyclical and more supply will open up, I'll end up tempering my intent to perhaps spend much more money than I should for ravello and whiskey shell.post #47264 of 1224163/30/13 at 1:35pmpost #47265 of 1224163/30/13 at 1:35pmThe key to rare shells is to make contacts with as many retailers as possible j Gilbert, LS, TSM etc. I have managed to acquire three pairs in the last four to five months. They just kind of popped up. Personally I love cigar for it's versatility. The members of this forum have been wonderful as well, stick around long enough and things will pop up.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 seconds ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › Hypothetically speaking you could buy an existing set of clothing... 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...