Sick indeed! Congrats and wear in great health...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 11:19 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3145post #47161 of 1224163/29/13 at 7:51ampost #47162 of 1224163/29/13 at 7:56amQuote:
Someone posted about this within the past 7 days. They said that they spoke with TSM and TSM said they are working to update inventory errors before distributing the next seconds list. The past few have had a lot of shoes listed on them that TSM did not actually have in their inventory.
I always thought they call them gunboats because the strip of brogueing that runs the length of the shoe looks like cannon portholes on the side of a gunboatpost #47163 of 1224163/29/13 at 8:09ampost #47164 of 1224163/29/13 at 8:16ampost #47165 of 1224163/29/13 at 8:33amQuote:
Here's a good illustration of why they call it a "gunboat" :post #47166 of 1224163/29/13 at 8:47amQuote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepsterQuote:
Could it be that all of the shell models you are looking for in your size are all out of stock? The shell offerings are still posted on their website.
they have an issue with the site. when you filter on shell it doesn't work, but if you just look at everything, they're there.post #47167 of 1224163/29/13 at 9:12amQuote:
I reject that explanation. The pic has nothing to do with Alden LWB, rather, it is a pic of some florsheim shoes with pants made to look like smoke stacks.
Still a cool illusion though.
Thanks for posting it.post #47168 of 1224163/29/13 at 9:15ampost #47169 of 1224163/29/13 at 9:34ampost #47170 of 1224163/29/13 at 9:53ampost #47171 of 1224163/29/13 at 9:55ampost #47172 of 1224163/29/13 at 9:57ampost #47173 of 1224163/29/13 at 10:19ampost #47174 of 1224163/29/13 at 10:32ampost #47175 of 1224163/29/13 at 10:33am
So I'm looking at buying the Alden Indy Kudu and was wondering about sizing. My love of boots is rather recent, ie this past week or so, and began with the Oak Street Navy Camp. I have the Camp in a size 7UK and it is a good fit I feel, saying that it is possibly ever so slightly too large. I can't get to a store to try on an Alden as there are no stockists in the UK near to my location, so was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on how similar the two fits are? I've found the Kudu in a 6.5UK and was just about to 'add to my basket', but thought I'd check with you guys first!
Cheers for any advice!
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 25 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 54 seconds ago
- › DROPS!! FS : Dark Brown Coach Bleecker Leather Backpack+GIFT!. STEP... 3 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...