Sick indeed! Congrats and wear in great health...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 5:30 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3145
Styleforum Top Picks
Someone posted about this within the past 7 days. They said that they spoke with TSM and TSM said they are working to update inventory errors before distributing the next seconds list. The past few have had a lot of shoes listed on them that TSM did not actually have in their inventory.
I always thought they call them gunboats because the strip of brogueing that runs the length of the shoe looks like cannon portholes on the side of a gunboat
Here's a good illustration of why they call it a "gunboat" :
Could it be that all of the shell models you are looking for in your size are all out of stock? The shell offerings are still posted on their website.
they have an issue with the site. when you filter on shell it doesn't work, but if you just look at everything, they're there.
I reject that explanation. The pic has nothing to do with Alden LWB, rather, it is a pic of some florsheim shoes with pants made to look like smoke stacks.
Still a cool illusion though.
Thanks for posting it.
So I'm looking at buying the Alden Indy Kudu and was wondering about sizing. My love of boots is rather recent, ie this past week or so, and began with the Oak Street Navy Camp. I have the Camp in a size 7UK and it is a good fit I feel, saying that it is possibly ever so slightly too large. I can't get to a store to try on an Alden as there are no stockists in the UK near to my location, so was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on how similar the two fits are? I've found the Kudu in a 6.5UK and was just about to 'add to my basket', but thought I'd check with you guys first!
Cheers for any advice!
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The small feet thread: sharing sizing and fits, and where to get... 30 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Searching for this boot 3 minutes ago
- › REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...