or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3136  

post #47026 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalceoAdamator View Post

So you got them!! Awesome... Love the tones... Congrats and wear them in the best off health...
Thank you sir.
post #47027 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

shaunw, those boots are awesome

color 8 lwb + purple





Very nice! I love the purple laces with #8. Wish we could see the grass up here in Minnesnowta.
post #47028 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916 View Post


It seems safe to say I am fond of Alden's footwear. Family photos, minus a few stragglers that aren't at home.



Holy crappolla! Time to buy a bigger house. I'm just jealous.
post #47029 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916 View Post

Ha! I have been wearing Alden for awhile now. Probably 13 years, but most of the collection has been built over the last six. I have sold three pairs in the last month, and many more before that. Made a lot of expensive sizing mistakes over the years.
+1 on the sizing mistakes. They say you'll never get better unless you talk about it. My GF says I'm a shoe junkie. I'm just waiting for her to say, "it's me or the shoes."
post #47030 of 122416
It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one who would get such "similar" offerings. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, actually. shog[1].gif

The wallet is gonna hurt.
post #47031 of 122416
This image came across my tumblr feed today. Bravo if it's an SF-member -

post #47032 of 122416

Ravello Cordovan is something to behold. I wish that Alden made more of them. I was told that the Chinese have bought all of the horse (shells) that would have normally gone to Horween by offering top dollar. I don't think that they have any plans on letting up. I think the days of plentiful shell might be over. It's not an issue of Alden not getting enough shell, it's an issue of Horween not getting access to the shells.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #47033 of 122416

I finally figured out how to take pictures of my Alden's. 

 

Sorry, didn't mean for them all to be so big.

post #47034 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcbrown3 View Post

Ravello Cordovan is something to behold. I wish that Alden made more of them. I was told that the Chinese have bought all of the horse (shells) that would have normally gone to Horween by offering top dollar. I don't think that they have any plans on letting up. I think the days of plentiful shell might be over. It's not an issue of Alden not getting enough shell, it's an issue of Horween not getting access to the shells.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nice Pictures, I was in communication with Alden of New York (Madison) earlier this week about a ravello PTB. This was their response:

"We do have them on order but they will be at least 8-10 months until we receive them in again. Our factory is currently sold out of all exotic shell cordovan colors."

 

I don't know if China is behind the shortage but it's a bummer nonetheless.

 

 

 

 

post #47035 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunw View Post


Nice Pictures, I was in communication with Alden of New York (Madison) earlier this week about a ravello PTB. This was their response:
"We do have them on order but they will be at least 8-10 months until we receive them in again. Our factory is currently sold out of all exotic shell cordovan colors."

I don't know if China is behind the shortage but it's a bummer nonetheless.


Time for Horween to find a lobbyist.
post #47036 of 122416
Regardless of the reason, I just wish Alden would be able to give us more reliable wait times. If its going to be three years for a pre-order on an exotic shell, that's fine, just tell us upfront. They seem to be one of the only companies that can get away with this without losing any business. I think I'll start moving on to other brands after all my old pre-orders start coming in.
post #47037 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Regardless of the reason, I just wish Alden would be able to give us more reliable wait times. If its going to be three years for a pre-order on an exotic shell, that's fine, just tell us upfront. They seem to be one of the only companies that can get away with this without losing any business. I think I'll start moving on to other brands after all my old pre-orders start coming in.

i've said it before, and as a sufferer of alden addiction myself, buying alden's is like paying someone to spit in your face.
post #47038 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcbrown3 View Post

Ravello Cordovan is something to behold. I wish that Alden made more of them. I was told that the Chinese have bought all of the horse (shells) that would have normally
gone to Horween by offering top dollar. I don't think that they have any plans on letting up. I think the days of plentiful shell might be over. It's not an issue of Alden not getting enough shell, it's an issue of Horween not getting access to the shells.



src="http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/748396/width/500/hei
ght/1000/flags/LL" style="; width: 500px; height: 375px;" width="500">






height="375" src="http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/748397/width/500/height/1000/flags/LL" style="; width: 500px; height: 375px;" width="500">



src="http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/748398/width/500/height/1000/flags/LL" style="; width: 500px; height: 375px;" width="500">











height="360" src="http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/748401/width/500/height/1000/flags/LL" style="; width: 500px; height: 360px;" width="500">



I really wish my ravellos had the same reddish tones that yours have. The new red scare is upon us, further evidence that we should have ended communism when we had the chance. Politics has integrated itself with the shoe trade, I guess nothing is sacred anymore.
post #47039 of 122416

PSA the cadet bluchers on jcrew have been price corrected to $657.00

 

fingers crossed everyone who ordered at the original price receive

post #47040 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunw View Post


Nice Pictures, I was in communication with Alden of New York (Madison) earlier this week about a ravello PTB. This was their response:
"We do have them on order but they will be at least 8-10 months until we receive them in again. Our factory is currently sold out of all exotic shell cordovan colors."

I don't know if China is behind the shortage but it's a bummer nonetheless.

I will say that Alden NYC does seem to be one of the few retailers that can restock ravello PTBs and chukkas on a reliable basis.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.