These look amazing, my whiskey is darker than these, I wish I didn't have to buy all my Aldens online.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:43 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Today
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3132
Styleforum Top Pickspost #46967 of 1224163/27/13 at 8:55ampost #46968 of 1224163/27/13 at 9:10ampost #46969 of 1224163/27/13 at 9:13ampost #46970 of 1224163/27/13 at 9:29ampost #46971 of 1224163/27/13 at 9:39ampost #46972 of 1224163/27/13 at 9:53amQuote:
Thanks, everyone, for all the fitting testimony. For another point of reference, here is my humble lineup:
975x Shell longwings
Chamois longwing (Leffot)
Leydon unlined suede chukka (Madison Ave)
Leydon lined suede blucher (on order from NRO--good to hear of the recent good experiences with them)
post #46973 of 1224163/27/13 at 10:00amQuote:Originally Posted by gforce
- I'll use as a reference my best-fitting shoe, the 9D chamois longwing--consistently comfortable with thin to normal socks.
- The 9C shell longwing is probably more comfortable, but even in a narrower width, it seems roomier, but not too much so. Roomy, but no heel slip or jammed toes.
- The Leydon 9.5D unlined chukka started off snug across the vamp, but quickly accommodated my foot for that slipper-like feel. It was always wide enough, but I would call they Leydon a low-volume last.
- Ordered the Leydon lined suede blucher in a E figuring I might wear it with a normal sock in cooler seasons. Plus, I wanted a looser, no-argument fit for this one.
- Lastly, the Day Tripper. Leffot suggested I order my Barrie size, and this was before I got their non-shell longwing. It fits like a dress shoe should, which means by the end of the day, or after a carbo-bomb, it feels good to take them off. Nothing ever hurts, though. Ideally, I might have gotten the 9D.
Regarding the posts above.....My experience on the Barrie........Go true to size and down one width. The conventional wisdom is just to size down a half, but my experience (and Alden also suggests) is to just go down one width if you have this issue. A10c Barrie is a much better fit than 9.5d for me. Unfortunately C widths are hard to come by.
I had no problem ordering both an 11 C and 11.5 C from the shoe mart (they had to check with Alden directly, who had them in stock and dropped shipped them to me).
I am an 11.5D normally, and the 11D of the Barrie Shell LWB just feels loose on my foot. The 11C felt great initially, but after a day's wear (and I'm guessing the associated foot swelling), my middle toe started to nudge the end of the shoe ever so slightly when taking long, quick strides that result in a lot of bend in the ball of my foot. Unfortunately I didn't figure this out until I wore them outside.
Those I'm currently trying to sell in my signature while I wait for the 11.5C to arrive.
I did learn to test shoes in the evening after a long day rather than in the morning.post #46974 of 1224163/27/13 at 10:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Bakes11771
Brooks Brothers Brown Suede Tassel Loafers
I was kind of hoping that I would not like them when they got here because I have my eye on something else and don't want to keep both because I feel like I'm out of control, but unfortunately I think I like them. Not sure they'll get much wear.
Notice that they DO in fact have the foxing on the heel, unlike the Alden stock model 666.
Please, someone convince me not to like them.
I don't even like loafers but those are really nice. Sorry man.post #46975 of 1224163/27/13 at 10:28ampost #46976 of 1224163/27/13 at 10:45amwhat are my options if the creasing in my shell boots are now bothering me.
For some reason it is kind of digging into my foot and causing a little bit of pain.
Totally fine in my right foot just the left one is having this issue.post #46977 of 1224163/27/13 at 11:21amQuote:
How long have you had them? How much have they been worn? Did you buy them new?
Here is an interesting discussion you might want to read, which suggests everything from 'walk it off' to an issue with fitment or construction.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/231299/shoe-crease-causing-painpost #46978 of 1224163/27/13 at 11:23ampost #46979 of 1224163/27/13 at 11:58ampost #46980 of 1224163/27/13 at 12:24pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 10 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 15 minutes ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 15 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 18 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 20 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 26 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 27 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 28 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...