Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 10:25 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3126post #46876 of 1224163/26/13 at 4:56ampost #46877 of 1224163/26/13 at 6:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Bakes11771
Personally, I don't like it at all.
Don't really like the full-strap in general, and I own 3 LHS and 2-3 Tassels (third pair is en route, might not keep em [666 from BB]), and the full strap is sort of a cross b/w the two (penny loafer on aberdeen)
Maybe if it were #8, cigar, ravello or whiskey, but I definitly don't like it in suede, especially black suede.
not sure I like black suede at all.
What would you wear them with?
That is a low price for Aldens, so I understand why they got your attention.
I'm probably the first guy in the 46905 posts that has tried to talk another out of buying a pair of Aldens.
Oh no...misunderstood. Would want them in tan, blue, or snuff, but NOT black suede. To me this is the closest Alden would get to a dress slipperpost #46878 of 1224163/26/13 at 7:38amQuote:
Tan, Blue or Snuff would be better.
Still not sure it would tickle my fancy though, but it doesn't have to in order for YOU to enjoy them. They make some slipper that is on the Aberdeen that is essentially a tassel loafer with no tassel or stitching that some people consider a formal slipper. Its not velvet, not sure if it needs to be. I am admittedly not very familiar with formal slippers or opera shoes or whatever they are called.post #46879 of 1224163/26/13 at 8:10ampost #46880 of 1224163/26/13 at 8:21ampost #46881 of 1224163/26/13 at 8:30amQuote:
A big +1 to that...post #46882 of 1224163/26/13 at 8:46amQuote:
I wear a 41.5 on the F last as well. I am a true-to-size 8.5 D. I just got on a preorder for a pair of Aberdeen lasted Aldens in a 8.5 D.post #46883 of 1224163/26/13 at 9:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Bakes11771
A big +1 to that...
As Worn By This Gentleman (Warning: Spoiler!) (Click to show)
I wonder if Mike from Epaulet sold the gentleman his trousers.post #46884 of 1224163/26/13 at 10:18ampost #46885 of 1224163/26/13 at 10:23am
Never thought I'd care much for the Whiskey LWB, as i have the rest of the available shell rainbow in them (Ravello, Cigar, color 8, and black), but recently pics like this one ^^^ have made me regret not picking up a pair when I had the chance. Instead I have the wingtip bal on tremont in Whiskey. It will have to suffice...post #46886 of 1224163/26/13 at 11:00amQuote:Originally Posted by phormQuote:
Another vote for the Roy here. I agree that you can always find another pair of indy boots later.
i generally prefer toe stitching, but that roy boot looks great in cxl.post #46887 of 1224163/26/13 at 11:33ampost #46888 of 1224163/26/13 at 12:45pmQuote:
This would be great -
I think my favorite show is a LWB on the leydon, which is a fantastic profile. Grant would be really cool too.
Agree that Barrie seems more a "boot" last.post #46889 of 1224163/26/13 at 12:55pmQuote:Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Black made a pair of black Pebble Grain Longwings and Black Shell Longwings on the Grant last IIRC. I do not see them now though.
I have the Pebble Grains and I like them but I do not wear them much.post #46890 of 1224163/26/13 at 1:08pmQuote:
Yeah - the BBBF Pebble Grain LWBs are not available anymore - I checked with a bunch of SAs at both US locations and at other BB stores around the US.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 4 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 12 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 13 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 13 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...