or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3123  

post #46831 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post

I think it depends. I have a couple pairs of seconds and the Circle R is on the sole for one (Normal) and it is on the inside for the other because it has crepe soles.



This one is harder to see but it is there over the text near the heel.


As far as I know there is one place to get Alden Seconds, The Shoe Mart. Alden of Carmel has some listed from time to time but I am not sure what that means. I think that Adam just has high standards and
does his in house if something is not right when he looks at them.

I wonder however if TSM still receives all of Aldens seconds? I would think that make ups for specific manufactures may not be available tl them.
post #46832 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post


I wonder however if TSM still receives all of Aldens seconds? I would think that make ups for specific manufactures may not be available tl them.

I certainly haven't received a seconds email from them in quite some time, like a few months at least. 

post #46833 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

I wonder however if TSM still receives all of Aldens seconds? I would think that make ups for specific manufactures may not be available tl them.
I believe they do. I am 100% CERTAIN I have seen makeups from other distributors from them.
post #46834 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post


I believe they do. I am 100% CERTAIN I have seen makeups from other distributors from them.

TSM does get all the seconds that come from the alden factory. The ones listed at Alden of Carmel are the shoes that they screened themselves and rejected as being 1st quality.

 

As a general FYI I have been in contact with TSM about their seconds list their email response is below:

 

3/21/13

 

Hello,
I do apologize but the list was not sent out as I had believed it would be. The irregular list still has some inventory errors that we are correcting before it will be sent out again. Unfortunately right now I am not sure when it will be sent out again.
Thank you,


 

post #46835 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunw View Post

TSM does get all the seconds that come from the alden factory. The ones listed at Alden of Carmel are the shoes that they screened themselves and rejected as being 1st quality.
As a general FYI I have been in contact with TSM about their seconds
list their email response is below:
3/21/13
Hello,
I do apologize but the list was not sent out as I had believed it would be. The irregular list still has some inventory errors that we are


correcting before it will be sent out again. Unfortunately right now I am not sure when it will be sent out again.

Thank you,



 

So AOC's is essentially doing Aldens job by protecting the consumer. It really is disheartening that Alden's attitude seems to be "hey, they will buy it anyway so what does it matter". I find it noble that AOC would pay full price for the shoes, mark them down and eat the difference in an effort to please the customer. It certainly says a lot for them.
post #46836 of 122416

Nice looking J Crew Saddles. It got me thinking of a weird question: why is only calf used for suede? What would shell/ostrich/other skin look like for suede? Anyone have any ideas on this?

post #46837 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermynStreet View Post

Nice looking J Crew Saddles. It got me thinking of a weird question: why is only calf used for suede? What would shell/ostrich/other skin look like for suede? Anyone have any ideas on this?

You might say Adam at AOC has higher standards than Alden's own QC which also explains his return policies.

post #46838 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

So AOC's is essentially doing Aldens job by protecting the consumer. It really is disheartening that Alden's attitude seems to be "hey, they will buy it anyway so what does it matter". I find it noble that AOC would pay full price for the shoes, mark them down and eat the difference in an effort to please the customer. It certainly says a lot for them.
Alden of Carmel is a top notch operation.
post #46839 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

You might say Adam at AOC has higher standards than Alden's own QC which also explains his return policies.
nod[1].gif
post #46840 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermynStreet View Post

Nice looking J Crew Saddles. It got me thinking of a weird question: why is only calf used for suede? What would shell/ostrich/other skin look like for suede? Anyone have any ideas on this?

I'm not a leather expert by any means, but suede is the "flesh side" (inward facing side of the hide) that is brushed to have that suede nap.  Maybe cow hide is the only or best material for this process?  or maybe other hides produce the same result, but are not as cheap or widely available as cow hides, due to the beef industry.

 

Just speculating.

 

Edit:  I think they also can use goat skin for suede, if I am not mistaken.

post #46841 of 122416

it's shoes.

 

it goes on your feet.

 

lamb suede wouldn't last very long.

post #46842 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

it's shoes.

 

it goes on your feet.

 

lamb suede wouldn't last very long.

Maybe DWF would know about this? I'll message him and ask him.

post #46843 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

I bought both 8.5 and 8. Whichever one does not fit me as well, will go back or for sale. 

If you go with the 8.5, I'll take the 8. nod[1].gif
post #46844 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

you're welcome. but beware, my wife always thought i had several brown wingtip shoes, she's now calling them the orange pair, the purple pair...
thank you sir
thank you uncle roguls
i wore the whiskeys with the pictured blue laces last night, i really liked the look.
i will be experimenting with the dark purple this week, i'll post pics if they make it out of the house.
my wife embarrassed me once over my red shoe laces so even though she now likes them i refuse to wear them out of defiance
but i like them too. aint disfunctional relationships great!
post #46845 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post


So AOC's is essentially doing Aldens job by protecting the consumer. It really is disheartening that Alden's attitude seems to be "hey, they will buy it anyway so what does it matter". I find it noble that AOC would pay full price for the shoes, mark them down and eat the difference in an effort to please the customer. It certainly says a lot for them.

I agree it's kind of sad, but as I understand it you are correct........AOC performs his own QC. That being said his "irregulars" are priced lower that full price but not to the extent that TSM marks them down. I'd say he is still making a decent profit with his irregulars.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.