Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 1:33 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3080
Styleforum Top Pickspost #46187 of 1224163/19/13 at 10:45amQuote:Originally Posted by kinetic758
Read a few posts back about someone getting a pair of Aldens that seemed "tried on" due to the fact that the laces were already in the shoe.
Just curious: have your Alden's arrived with the laces completely separate? I recall that the last two pairs I received had the laces in only the first hole (both left and right).
I think you are referring to my post. The shoes were not already laced up, but you could see the subtle indentations on the tongue created by someone lacing and tying the laces. It wasn't a big deal because that's what it looks like after the first time you lace and tie. I almost always receive my new ones the way you described. The one time I did not was with my whiskey wingtip bal oxfords. The laces were separate in the box which makes sense because the effort required to lace those bals might have created creases right off the bat.post #46188 of 1224163/19/13 at 12:03pmpost #46189 of 1224163/19/13 at 12:07pmpost #46190 of 1224163/19/13 at 12:39pmpost #46191 of 1224163/19/13 at 12:42pm^But they don't show photos of them. You have to know to click on a given style, or do so accidentally, to see if exotic shell stock is available. I had definitely noticed that Whiskey, Cigar, and Ravello disappeared from AoC and Alden Madison sites awhile ago. Interesting to find out why.post #46192 of 1224163/19/13 at 12:42pmpost #46193 of 1224163/19/13 at 12:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
^But they don't show photos of them. You have to know to click on a given style, or do so accidentally, to see if exotic shell stock is available. I had definitely noticed that Whiskey, Cigar, and Ravello disappeared from AoC and Alden Madison sites awhile ago. Interesting to find out why.
For Alden SF, just run a search for whiskey in the keyword search box and it will pull up whiskey models that are available, but no pics. Same for cigar. Same for ravello.post #46194 of 1224163/19/13 at 12:46pmpost #46195 of 1224163/19/13 at 12:48pmpost #46196 of 1224163/19/13 at 12:56pmpost #46197 of 1224163/19/13 at 12:56pmYeah I totally regret returning my pair - I got them 2 years ago and had buyer's remorse because it was so damn much. And that was before all the price hikes - I think they were only $590 and I got 25% off via J.Crew coupon...
That's what actually bugs me about Alden's consistency though - I had the Barrie SWB in Ravello and was extremely disappointed that the fit was very off. Recently, I decide to give the Barrie a try again and all the LWB's I've been trying on have been spot on. It's really frustrating -_-post #46198 of 1224163/19/13 at 1:02pm
Sizing Paranoia Question:
I'm 9C Van/Barrie, 9D Aberdeen/Hampton.
US 9.5D Gucci/Tod's
I typically buy 10D New Balances, but am wondering if I should get my next pairs 9.5D.
The 10Ds don't feel to big, and there is a little room in front of my big toe, but not excessive. (Maybe 1/4 inch)
It just seems weird that my NB size would be a full size up from all of my Alden sizes, and that I'm normally 9.5 in all other shoes.
Can anyone that wears New Balances comment on my predicament or share their sizing experience?
TIApost #46199 of 1224163/19/13 at 1:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bakes11771
Anyone ever had any "loose stitching" repaired by Alden Restoration or B. Nelson? What exactly do they do and how does it look? like can you tell it has been repaired or does it look exactly like it did before it became loose. Have some loose stitching on several pairs, would it be bad to cut the loose ends?
Be careful with this. I sent back a pair of 403s that I bought from LS, which had a bad stitch in the upper. Alden ended up just cutting the loose thread, and running a new stitch through the outer leather and inner lining. Those boots were beat up, so I wasn't heart broken, but I would have been pissed if they had treated some cordovan in the same way.post #46200 of 1224163/19/13 at 1:13pmHey guys new to the forum and just got my first pair of Aldens!
The pair I got is second hand and the rubber dovetails on the heel are a bit worn down.
Is it possible for a local cobbler to replace these without replacing the entire heel? I'm new to the game and was hoping you veterans could help me out. Thanks!
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 6 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...