Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 11:37 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3066
Styleforum Top Picks
Ok, Here is my shot. Pic from 3/17/13 St. Patrick's Day. And an additional pic of me and my youngest...........sporting her favorite new saddles.
Contrary to how they may look, I neither baby nor abuse my aldens. Most get regular wipedowns and application of reno every month or two depending on how much wear they get. My cigar indys are my most casual alden and usually get the nod for a weekend trip to the park with the kids or a romp in the woods with the dog.
The saddles win. We lose....
Nicely "beat" boots... What's the sole?
There's a shot a few pages back of mine after a hike. Yeah, I am actually trying to beat up shell. Problem?
Glad we seem to all share the same taste there. So, what about them LWBs?
I recently received the #8 on crepe sole. be cautious should you end up going that route, the welt is not natural colored, it's dark
I have the suede longwings from J. Crew and really like them. Mine are the darker shade (I think that was the only shade offered when I got mine) and really like them. I haven't gotten much use out of them over the past few months because of the salt on the roads, sidewalks, and parking lots but in the summer and fall they are one of my favorite shoes to wear around the office with chinos and a madras shirt or a polo.
Point is well taken, and reasonable minds can disagree. But I would suggest that snuff is the best color if you are looking for a suede shoe to wear all year. IMO, it absolutely works in the summer.
I agree with all that you say here.
Between the two J Crews offerings in snuff and tan/camel, I would get the snuff just because it has the single oiled sole. I don't hate on the crepe sole but like the oiled sole better.
However, I've got a pair of snuff LWBs in almost that exact configuration and also a pair of tan suede wing tips.
I find myself wearing the tan much more often than the snuff.
Commando sole, mine are theshoemarts version with all eyelets, about a year old at this point. My three year old daughter can pull off saddles, for me though........not really my style.
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 1 minute ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 5 minutes ago
- › Help me understand my color choices 5 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...