Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 12:06 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3061
Styleforum Top Picks
Yes, I am. The CXL LHS were part of that preorder as well and were stocked about a month ago. I will be kind of upset if I don't have them for the spring/summer. As I said I am considering ordering from Leffot since they have then in stock but prefer not to lose $100 as a result of my impatience...
There was a post within the past few days that showed a leydon and barrie chukka side by side, which will give you a good profile comparison.
Natty CXL does go great with jeans, and it is a very decent make-up, so its not a bad idea to get it.
On the other hand, don't burn yourself out by doing too much too fast. In the little over a year that I have been lurking/posting in this thread, I've seen more than a few folks go nuts buying everything they see only to sell a lot of them a few months later because they don't end up wearing some of them enough. Its never a bad idea to keep your powder dry so that you can blast off on something you really like that pops up later. For all you know, someone could unexpectedly get a restock of the whiskey LWB in 2 weeks.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
Thanks for the seasoned advice to ward off premature, well, you know...Happens to a lot of guys, I'm told!!
I think you're right. It may be wise to wait. Given the infectious enthusiasm on this thread, I've ended up with 9 awesome acquisitions in the last two months. None of them have been regrettable thus far, but I've had far from enough time to truly enjoy each one and figure out the extent to which each pair goes with the different things in my closet. My burgeoning interests, understanding of shell, the different lasts and of the versatility of the various aldens leads me in this clearer moment to think that it's fine to sit tight for a bit. As much as I can imagine the ease with which one can rock natural cxl lwbs (see, eg, El Argentino), it occurs to me that it might feel better to diversify the collection gradually, expanding away from LWBs and boots and instead looking toward the unlined chukkas or maybe a suede loafer or shell bal. Of course, if the opportunity arises to get in on a color 8 Plaza lasted Indy, I won't even ask for your advice, I'm all in!
Hope you guys enjoyed the weekend. -d
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- › things that are making you happy 4 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 40 seconds ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 58 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Our Legacy 2 minutes ago
- › San Francisco SF Styleforum Meet-up - Kirk Miller of Miller's Oath... 3 minutes ago
- › BNIB Alden Indy Boot - J. Crew Alden Indy 403 / 405 Chromexcel Size... 3 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 4 minutes ago
- › does everyone here have a full head of hair? any bald people? 5 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...