or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 306  

post #4576 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBrown85 View Post
was it a collab or did you just wait 7 months for shipping

I believe he waited for these:


http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Alde...ack_16961.html
post #4577 of 122416
I'm considering either suede chukka or the indy but not sure to go with a UK7 (US8) of size up.

Can someone please advise what size I should be looking at if I take a 7.5Uk (8.5 US) in Trickers?
post #4578 of 122416
you really need to go into the store to try these on to make sure the fit is alright. I would have ended up with a loose shoe if I went tts and got regular width. These aren't cheap and they really don't like for you to buy them and return after you've walked in them. The bottom shows wear quickly, even on carpet.
post #4579 of 122416
If I could I wouldn't be asking but unfortnately it's going to be a web purchase.
post #4580 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg428 View Post

Actually, I was waiting for the same pair gnatty has, like these:
post #4581 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMod View Post
I'm considering either suede chukka or the indy but not sure to go with a UK7 (US8) of size up.

Can someone please advise what size I should be looking at if I take a 7.5Uk (8.5 US) in Trickers?

You need to provide more information such as what specific Tricker's you wear.
See the comments from Tom at http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/201...kiki/#comments regarding Tricker's fitting similar to the Barrie.
Barrie last fits about the same as Tru-Balance so the Indy in 8.5US perhaps would fit.
But I've also seen comments about Tricker's fitting TTS in which case you'd want a 8US Indy.

Either way though, don't size down on the unlined suede chukkas. The US8 is almost certainly going to be too small.
post #4582 of 122416
thanks zippyh - I wear a few pairs of Bourton which seems like it could be similair to the Barrie last & I think you are right that the 8.5 in the Indy may be suitable. I was thrown a little by Nittygritty store as they say size down by half. I think I'm going to pick up the chukkas first & may aim for indys a little later in the year so will up to the 9 on these. Shame there doesn't seem to be any half sizes this side of the water! thanks for the help.
post #4583 of 122416
Figured I should start posting after all this time!

From yesterday...



Leathersoul cigar Indys on double leather sole.

FatMod, I have a pair of Trickers Stowe in 7.5 regular fitting, while my Indys are an 8D. The Trickers are a higher volume boot, though. So the 8.5 may be best for you. Cheers!
post #4584 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
Actually, I was waiting for the same pair gnatty has, like these:

I kind of like the black sole on yours, RFX45. It's different and will probably look pretty good when it gets dirty and banged up a bit.

That said, it's frustrating when you pay, wait, and then...surprise! Unfortunately, it's best to expect the unexpected from Alden.

btw, if anyone's interested, I have a near new pair of J.Crew indy's in size 10D up for trade for the same boot (or the similar 403) in size 9.5D. I wanted to try the 10D with full insoles--an experiment that didn't really work.
post #4585 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMod View Post
thanks zippyh - I wear a few pairs of Bourton which seems like it could be similair to the Barrie last & I think you are right that the 8.5 in the Indy may be suitable. I was thrown a little by Nittygritty store as they say size down by half.

I think I'm going to pick up the chukkas first & may aim for indys a little later in the year so will up to the 9 on these. Shame there doesn't seem to be any half sizes this side of the water!

thanks for the help.

I wear a 11.5 Uk in the Bourton and wear a us 12 in the Indy boot. Careful as Trickers only consider there's a 1/2 size gap between UK and us sizing.
post #4586 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhewee View Post
I wear a 11.5 Uk in the Bourton and wear a us 12 in the Indy boot. Careful as Trickers only consider there's a 1/2 size gap between UK and us sizing.

I think it depends upon the specific model line as to whether they consider a full or 1/2 size difference between US/UK sizing. See the Tricker's thread in Men's Clothing.

Of course you've got actual experience so I hope FatMod listens to you.
post #4587 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughter95 View Post
these are the unlined. tonight i went out in them... maybe it was drunkenness but i definitely perceived that by the end of the night they weren't so bothersome. which chukka do you use urself?
I don't own Alden chukkas but the two pair that I do (diff brands) have (one of which is unlined) stretched. That's why I said "I believe....", because they are not lined and don't have a reinforced toebox. Only makes sense.
post #4588 of 122416
Was at the Madison Ave. store today.



















My. wife. fondling. my. shoe.




Apologies for indoor pics. Will take sunlit pics tomorrow before break in.

I have officially crossed over now.
post #4589 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhewee View Post
I wear a 11.5 Uk in the Bourton and wear a us 12 in the Indy boot. Careful as Trickers only consider there's a 1/2 size gap between UK and us sizing.

+1
I wear a sz10 (UK) in Trickers Bourton and 10.5 US in Indy's Trubalance last.
post #4590 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by riff View Post
Figured I should start posting after all this time!

From yesterday...

Leathersoul cigar Indys on double leather sole.

FatMod, I have a pair of Trickers Stowe in 7.5 regular fitting, while my Indys are an 8D. The Trickers are a higher volume boot, though. So the 8.5 may be best for you. Cheers!
Cigar + Indy = Fantastic. Great boots!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.