or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 305  

post #4561 of 122416
I find it fits similarly to the Hampton, but somewhat elongated in the toe box.
post #4562 of 122416
Ive really only tried on barrie and trubalance, 11D seems fine. So basically 11.5D?
post #4563 of 122416
^ I'm a 7.5C in the Hampton and a 7C in the Barrie, so that seems reasonable assuming your foot is normal shape.
post #4564 of 122416
This is a free plug, but for those of you who somehow missed it... holy shit. Alden shell mother lode for anyone who happens to be my size (11.5).

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...11#post3326811
post #4565 of 122416
No kidding. If I had the cash, my dress shoe needs could be satiated in one stop.
post #4566 of 122416

ravello full strap
post #4567 of 122416
Im wary about ordering from him because Ive read that the Aberdeen last can be tricky to fit. I dont want to drop 475, then find out the shoes dont fit. 11.5D in Aberdeen might be fine, I just cant say
post #4568 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhewee View Post
Given that there is Alden written on the commando sole, wouldn't the second scenario seem more likely?

I was thinking the same, but I'm sure Shoemart has a good enough relationship with Alden that they either sent these to them or Alden sent the soles to Shoemart.

Either way, in the end it doesn't matter, (was just wondering about it) because those shoes are absolutely beautiful and a great deal as seconds. they have a tan pair in my size right now that i'm eyeing.
post #4569 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by saracen View Post
I was thinking the same, but I'm sure Shoemart has a good enough relationship with Alden that they either sent these to them or Alden sent the soles to Shoemart.

Either way, in the end it doesn't matter, (was just wondering about it) because those shoes are absolutely beautiful and a great deal as seconds. they have a tan pair in my size right now that i'm eyeing.
HEH! Yes they are. Another reason I think the commando soles were put on by The Shoe Mart is that these do not have the circle R for seconds and also they came in the normal green box, not one of the tan/off white boxes that seconds come in.
post #4570 of 122416
I've just picked up the Alden suede chukkas in dark brown, size 9C. 9D fit perfectly in the toebox but the heel was a bit loose. The 9C heel is much better for me, but the toebox is a little bit snug. Is it safe for me to expect that the toebox will continue to stretch and thus be more comfortable? I'm finding, however, that right now the midfoot stitching is a little tight. Also, the back lip of the shoe is chafing. Is this normal?

Should I keep these or return for 9D? If they do stretch out, it sounds like this was the best width.
post #4571 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughter95 View Post
I've just picked up the Alden suede chukkas in dark brown, size 9C. 9D fit perfectly in the toebox but the heel was a bit loose. The 9C heel is much better for me, but the toebox is a little bit snug. Is it safe for me to expect that the toebox will continue to stretch and thus be more comfortable? I'm finding, however, that right now the midfoot stitching is a little tight. Also, the back lip of the shoe is chafing. Is this normal?

Should I keep these or return for 9D? If they do stretch out, it sounds like this was the best width.

Since no one has replied yet, I'll give you my two cents. If these are the unlined chukkas (no reinforced toe box) then I believe they will definitely stretch. The leather is thinner and softer and will give after a while. The D width may become a bit sloppy down the road. However, if these are lined, then I think the toe box is reinforced and it will not stretch.
post #4572 of 122416
New leather soul plaza lasted chocolate suede boot are sexy. I might have to drop my kop hammer.
post #4573 of 122416
Waited 7 months for these. It is different from the ones I've seen though, this one has a black sole and the top part of the mid-sole turns brown.


Pic of the black cork sole.


Quick fit pic.
post #4574 of 122416
was it a collab or did you just wait 7 months for shipping
post #4575 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by saracen View Post
Since no one has replied yet, I'll give you my two cents. If these are the unlined chukkas (no reinforced toe box) then I believe they will definitely stretch. The leather is thinner and softer and will give after a while. The D width may become a bit sloppy down the road. However, if these are lined, then I think the toe box is reinforced and it will not stretch.

these are the unlined.

tonight i went out in them... maybe it was drunkenness but i definitely perceived that by the end of the night they weren't so bothersome.

which chukka do you use urself?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.