or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 303  

post #4531 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy View Post
Ill pretty much guarantee these are Aldens however

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

Im really a fan of the first ones. I bought some Peal made by C&J suede perforated captoe shoes though instead.

those are all nice prices
post #4532 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy View Post
Ill pretty much guarantee these are Aldens however

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

Im really a fan of the first ones. I bought some Peal made by C&J suede perforated captoe shoes though instead.

any idea what last and soles on the ptb and cap toe?
post #4533 of 122416
^ Cap toe is the Snap last. It fits either the same, or very similarly to the Hampton. The PTB is technically on the M58 last. Alden says it "fits like Barrie". In my experience it's just the Barrie labeled a half size down (my Alden Barrie lasted 7.5D is identical is size and fit to my 8D Alden for BB PTB). I have both those shoes and like them. I wish they still offered an Alden Calf Bal though On edit: That's not a super deal on the Suede shoe. It was just $199 in the clearance section before the sale.
post #4534 of 122416
Has anyone seen a pair of Alden V-tips that were 2 tone (maybe black and tan) on this thread?
I have this vague memory of seeing them and I can't find them.
thanks!
post #4535 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfoote303 View Post
Has anyone seen a pair of Alden V-tips that were 2 tone (maybe black and tan) on this thread?
I have this vague memory of seeing them and I can't find them.
thanks!

Cigar and black shell from back in 2007:

post #4536 of 122416
^ those are the ones!
thanks Tom. you are the man
post #4537 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post
^ Cap toe is the Snap last. It fits either the same, or very similarly to the Hampton. The PTB is technically on the M58 last. Alden says it "fits like Barrie". In my experience it's just the Barrie labeled a half size down (my Alden Barrie lasted 7.5D is identical is size and fit to my 8D Alden for BB PTB).

I have both those shoes and like them. I wish they still offered an Alden Calf Bal though


On edit: That's not a super deal on the Suede shoe. It was just $199 in the clearance section before the sale.

thanks for the info, tempted on the cap toes. Sale doesn't usually go higher does it?
post #4538 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
american longwing LSH.


EVERY time I see these I regret not buying them. Fantastic!
post #4539 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelw View Post
you have done very well. enjoy wearing
Thank you Mcarthur. That means a lot coming from you. I love your fit pics and your posts have helped me along to buying shoes I would not have purchased in the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPunch View Post
Dude, its so cool you actually called Alden with this B.S. fake online store idea! You were so close to scoring a wholesale account with them! Bummer it didn't work out though...BTW, what's your EIN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy View Post
Ill pretty much guarantee these are Aldens however

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

Im really a fan of the first ones. I bought some Peal made by C&J suede perforated captoe shoes though instead.
Good post Slappy. Good prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL View Post
Cigar and black shell from back in 2007:

You are dead to me! DEAD I SAY! I check your site almost every day and where are the new Alden's? Are you hoarding them you selfish SOB!
post #4540 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
You are dead to me! DEAD I SAY! I check your site almost every day and where are the new Alden's? Are you hoarding them you selfish SOB!

I actually am hoarding some right now.
post #4541 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
EVERY time I see these I regret not buying them. Fantastic!

thanks ahab
post #4542 of 122416
These are my new Ravello WingTip Boots from Shoemart...7D -barrie last- fit great...

They are my first pair of Alden's since I bought my one and only pair 15yrs ago- black shell PTB.

But I am all about boots now and these were not my first choice but they WERE available so I jumped on them...and I love them...the seductiveness of the shell is only exaggerated by the extra boot material...my feet feel positively bullet-proof when I lace them up...

I am waiting on some #8 Indys (2 more months) and some #8 Wingtips w/commando (6 more months)- so, these are tiding me over until...I like the Ravello- its rich and warm but I am nervous as I do not want them to get any lighter (the flash makes look a tad bit darker than they are).

I really want a PT boot in cigar - (Leather Soul???)

Now I need to learn to take care of them and keep them as shiny as Michaelw's






post #4543 of 122416
man, slept too long on that bb sale, was trying to decide between a pair of alden's and pearl & co. and figured it would last at least a couple days. My first pair of alden's, on the copley last with rubber sole. Discontinued so only $215 (returned the also pictured ptb on leydon, heel was too loose, loved the color though)
post #4544 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
These are my new Ravello WingTip Boots from Shoemart...7D -barrie last- fit great...

They are my first pair of Alden's since I bought my one and only pair 15yrs ago- black shell PTB.

But I am all about boots now and these were not my first choice but they WERE available so I jumped on them...and I love them...the seductiveness of the shell is only exaggerated by the extra boot material...my feet feel positively bullet-proof when I lace them up...

I am waiting on some #8 Indys (2 more months) and some #8 Wingtips w/commando (6 more months)- so, these are tiding me over until...I like the Ravello- its rich and warm but I am nervous as I do not want them to get any lighter (the flash makes look a tad bit darker than they are).

I really want a PT boot in cigar - (Leather Soul???)

Now I need to learn to take care of them and keep them as shiny as Michaelw's
I love these. You will love them. I love Ravello and Cigar equally and it seems that Ravello is more rare. Whiskey seems to be less versatile than either so I am not as fond of it.

I have a pair of Cigar plain toe blucher's that I love. I wear them all the time. I am sure I would love the plain toe boot just as much if not more so I wholeheartedly support your search for those.

As for care Michaelw has posted how he takes care of his here and on askandy. I think I may be using too much shoe cream on mine which is keeping them from fading at all! I do use shoe cream and I do use wax. Mine do not look as nice as Michaelw's though so I would listen to him.

You have a fantastic pair of boots there.
post #4545 of 122416
I too have a pair of the Shoe Mart Ravello boots and absolutely love them.
A link to Michaelw's info of looking after your shell would be handy as his footwear always looks superb and I can't seem to find anything on Ask Andy.
Simon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.