Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 10:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3019post #45271 of 1224163/10/13 at 12:10pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #45272 of 1224163/10/13 at 12:34pmpost #45273 of 1224163/10/13 at 12:40pmpost #45274 of 1224163/10/13 at 12:43pmpost #45275 of 1224163/10/13 at 12:50pmpost #45276 of 1224163/10/13 at 1:20pmQuote:
Love the patina showing in the sun. Do you have an "assistant" (or a cooperative and understanding significant other) taking your pics?post #45277 of 1224163/10/13 at 2:38pmpost #45278 of 1224163/10/13 at 3:20pmThanks all^^Quote:
Haha - yes, I have huge feet. 11.5s on the Barrie.
I have completely fallen in love w/ Snapseed. I highly recommend it. It's very intuitive, and you can quickly adjust things to reach the same basic end (almost like a forumla), which is what I've taken to doing w/ most of my most recent Aldenphotos here in the thread. Like the custom ElArg filter.Quote:
Thanks - I'm loving how these are aging. No assistant on these photos; my wife laughs at me as I lean over my shoes, awkwardly holding my phone out in front of me to take a blind shot.post #45279 of 1224163/10/13 at 3:21pmpost #45280 of 1224163/10/13 at 3:24pmpost #45281 of 1224163/10/13 at 3:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by El Argentino
Haha - yes, I have huge feet. 11.5s on the Barrie.
I have completely fallen in love w/ Snapseed. I highly recommend it. It's very intuitive, and you can quickly adjust things to reach the same basic end (almost like a forumla), which is what I've taken to doing w/ most of my most recent Aldenphotos here in the thread. Like the custom ElArg filter.
Thanks - I'm loving how these are aging. No assistant on these photos; my wife laughs at me as I lean over my shoes, awkwardly holding my phone out in front of me to take a blind shot.
Made me grab Snapseed myself. Pretty cool app... Used it for some slight adjustments on a group photo a few pages back.post #45282 of 1224163/10/13 at 6:47pmI know recently someone was asking about belts and I wanted to throw out a recommendation for Mitchell Leather. Dave is more known for top notch briefcases but he also builds belts and wallets. I recently acquired a belt from him and could not be more pleased with it! Dave was super responsive and helpful through the whole process. Ultimately, I went with a 1.5" (more casual) with Horween Nut Brown Dublin leather with matching stitching and a brass buckle. The pics don't really do the quality of the belt justice but below are a few shots...
http://www.mitchell-leather.com/site/8dd7d992484a4f169a33f16a0a483194/default?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mitchell-leather.com%2FHorween_Leather_Options.html#2933post #45283 of 1224163/10/13 at 6:54pmpost #45284 of 1224163/10/13 at 8:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
It makes no difference if you have AE or Alden shoe trees as I believe both of their cedar trees are made by the same company. BTW, you should get the 100% cedar trees (imo). You are right on the border between size medium and large. AE's shoe tree chart (and it's pretty standard) says you should go with a size small. If you had 8.5E you'd go with medium. I suppose if you wanted a slight stretch in the width you could go with medium. I'm also at the borderline with 10.5D (10D in barrie). Good luck...
AE shoe trees are made by Woodlore, which AE owns. My alden shoe trees are all made by Rochester shoe tree company. The split-toe shapes are different. I have seen nordy rack carry either one or the other, but not both at the same time.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best Value Tailor in Hong Kong 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 19 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 22 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 26 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 30 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 33 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 40 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?