Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 9:24 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 3000post #44986 of 1224163/6/13 at 8:33pmpost #44987 of 1224163/6/13 at 9:12pmpost #44988 of 1224163/6/13 at 9:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by stevent
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Yeah this thread is a lot nicer and much more reasonable than most othersDid you get shoes back at least? Unfortunate news
I think you could make it work, are they shell or calf or suede?
Apparently the buyer is supposed to ship them back to me on his dime (at least that part is reasonable), and then he gets a refund for the purchase price.Quote:
I don't know man. Whatever his motivation, it's clear he didn't ultimately care who made them, because he escalated it to a formal claim after I gave him all that evidence of the maker. Maybe some buyer's remorse and he figured there's nothing to lose if he files a claim (after all, if PayPal decided in favor of me, nothing happens)?post #44989 of 1224163/6/13 at 9:18pmQuote:
I have been able to use the corporate discount online in the past, but ever since BB's semi-recent website update, I have not been able to use it online.
I think the 30% corporate discount is supposed to come after the current sale.post #44990 of 1224163/6/13 at 9:18pmpost #44991 of 1224163/6/13 at 9:23pmQuote:
Ya, I thought it was supposed to start at Midnight ET, no?post #44992 of 1224163/6/13 at 10:13pmQuote:Quote:Quote:thanks for the kind words gentlemen.post #44993 of 1224163/6/13 at 10:16pmpost #44994 of 1224163/6/13 at 10:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by aldenfan
I'm looking for some advice on what is "normal" for cordovan leather shoe finishing and quality. I ordered some #8 cordovan boots from Shoemart. One of the boots that arrived appears to have a pretty serious wrinkle on the top part of the boot. Is this normal? Should I send it back? Would this be considered a factory second?
Also, both boots have some pits or wrinkles in the sides of the toes - they aren't smooth. One of them looks like this:
Definitely not as well finished or flawless to me as the #8 cordovan cap toe from J Crew that just arrived today. Would these be considered defects or is this expected?
Any input greatly appreciated.
Bump... Any advice on this? Also, any ideas why my posts seem to take 24 hours to appear, and by the time they do, they are buried in the thread?post #44995 of 1224163/6/13 at 10:30pmpost #44996 of 1224163/6/13 at 10:44pm
It was mentioned earlier that it starts on the 14th. I was trying to play around with it for the first time on some cordovan, and I don't see where I would enter the corp. discount card #... unless the % is taken off automatically after I enter my CC info, which I haven't tried yet.post #44997 of 1224163/6/13 at 11:23pmpost #44998 of 1224163/7/13 at 4:05amQuote:
I have the Color #8 chukkas but still want a pair of the brown CXL chukkas as well. The leather on each is different enough that I wouldn't feel like the boots were too similar. If one likes chukkas, they can both have a place in your wardrobe.post #44999 of 1224163/7/13 at 4:09amI took my Brixtons in to VIP shoe repairs (which I guess is B Nelson?) to have my heels replaced. They seemed to have really sanded down the edges in the back. I guess I can go over it with an edge dressing, but has anyone else experienced this with them? I've heard such good things about them here, but they cost twice what my usual cobbler costs and they take twice as long to get the work done.post #45000 of 1224163/7/13 at 5:08amThe Brooks sale is next Thursday, the 14th.
Since they redid the website, you now just add your corporate card info to your profile once and it remembers you each time you login. The problem is that you cannot see the discount until the last page where you verify your order. Go through checkout and put in your payment info and proceed to the next page (you can still back out after this step). At this last "place your order" page you can then finally see the discount that is applied. If you want to test it out the everyday corporate discount of 15% should be applied on that last page today.
As a reminder, add any cordovans you might want to your cart by Wed. In the past Brooks has removed all evidence of these shoes during major sales and sometimes you can't find them even if you search by their catalog number. However, I have found that if cordovans are saved in your cart before the sale starts then they should still be there during the sale, although if you delete them (to change a size or color, for example) then they disappear. So add everything you think you might be interested in to your cart early and decide on Thursday.
While they may have changed things, I can verify that I did this procedure for the last corporate sale in October and it worked fine. And this was after they had switched to the new website design.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Looking for this YSL jean! 10 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 21 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 24 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 35 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 37 minutes ago
- › Patina on suede?! 38 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 42 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 49 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 56 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 58 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...