Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2989post #44821 of 1224163/5/13 at 11:18am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #44822 of 1224163/5/13 at 11:20ampost #44823 of 1224163/5/13 at 11:23ampost #44824 of 1224163/5/13 at 11:24ampost #44825 of 1224163/5/13 at 11:32ampost #44826 of 1224163/5/13 at 11:34ampost #44827 of 1224163/5/13 at 11:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
Got another delivery today.
Color #8 moc toe 4-eyelet blucher from Alden NY. I had been waiting and waiting for a pair of these in my size and they finally got them in stock. They are nothing exciting or exceedingly rare, but I think they will be a nice change of pace over my color #8 PTBs. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I really like these. Are they on the Van last? I think they are going to look great with some wear on them. That really good looking casual shoe people will wish they had. Enjoy.post #44828 of 1224163/5/13 at 11:42amQuote:Originally Posted by rydenfan
some great Alden factory shots in the newest Horween blog
Nice pictures. I really like the one with the mound of insoles that has the small stack of used ones showing people's foot imprints. I love the character of used leather goods. Though that begs the question.... what are used insoles doing on Alden's factory floor? Since the insole isn't replaceable or removable without destroying the shoe, it seems strange to have a stack of them sitting there as if they were dismantling shoes.post #44829 of 1224163/5/13 at 11:49amQuote:Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent
Nice pictures. I really like the one with the mound of insoles that has the small stack of used ones showing people's foot imprints. I love the character of used leather goods. Though that begs the question.... what are used insoles doing on Alden's factory floor? Since the insole isn't replaceable or removable without destroying the shoe, it seems strange to have a stack of them sitting there as if they were dismantling shoes.
I'm guessing they are from remanufactured shoes. They do replace the soles and insoles int hat process.post #44830 of 1224163/5/13 at 11:50ampost #44831 of 1224163/5/13 at 11:52amQuote:
Please clarify? I assume you are talking about something besides recrafting or "restoration" as they call it. In the restoration, process it isn't possible to remove the insole. Do they make shoes for people using used materials?post #44832 of 1224163/5/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
They are indeed on the Van last. I've got a similar pair in the snuff suede that are super comfortable and get worn a few times a week in the fall.post #44833 of 1224163/5/13 at 12:04pmQuote:
These were lwb color 8 leather sole with no j crew logo. Seems like they are stock aldens then.post #44834 of 1224163/5/13 at 12:08pmpost #44835 of 1224163/5/13 at 12:10pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 8 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 21 seconds ago
- › Missing posters 33 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?