Not sure if this has already been noted but the current BB sale includes cordovan ($100 off purchases over $500, $200 off purchases over $800). I felt obligated to order a pair of LHS for BB in #8.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2985post #44762 of 1224163/4/13 at 2:24pmpost #44763 of 1224163/4/13 at 2:31pmAs to the issue of using colored laces I'm all for it. When partnered with matching socks, I prefer argyles, I've always gotten compliments, especially from the ladies. They are definitely a conversation starter which draws interest and positive attention to a gentleman's footwear. Putting in coloured laces is a good reminder to buff your shoes before stepping out. It's also just a fun thing to do.
Edited by BeSpiffington - 3/4/13 at 2:48pmpost #44764 of 1224163/4/13 at 2:40pmpost #44765 of 1224163/4/13 at 2:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by BeSpiffington
As to the issue of using colored laces I'm all for it. When partnered with matching socks, I prefer argyles, I've always gotten compliments, especially from the ladies. They are definitely a conversation starter which draws interest and positive attention to a gentleman's footwear. Putting in coloured laces is also a good reminder to buff your shoes before stepping out.
Thanks, Be. I've had similar experiences. Women enjoy playful socks and laces apparently.post #44766 of 1224163/4/13 at 2:42pmpost #44767 of 1224163/4/13 at 2:53pmpost #44768 of 1224163/4/13 at 2:53pmpost #44769 of 1224163/4/13 at 4:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by BeSpiffington
As to the issue of using colored laces I'm all for it. When partnered with matching socks, I prefer argyles, I've always gotten compliments, especially from the ladies. They are definitely a conversation starter which draws interest and positive attention to a gentleman's footwear. Putting in coloured laces is a good reminder to buff your shoes before stepping out. It's also just a fun thing to do.
What is the best place to get colored laces? I want to put in a order for a bunch of pairs.post #44770 of 1224163/4/13 at 4:10pmpost #44771 of 1224163/4/13 at 4:26pmQuote:
Where is steeple chase? I've been looking for more places to buy real shoes since i've been in Cincy.post #44772 of 1224163/4/13 at 4:29pmQuote:
I ordered 3 pairs from Benjo's. Not bad, but a little $ for some shoe laces. These are "pauls loft" from benjo's and the pink ones I posted earlier are "la rosa" I got a pair of flat waxed in green from them for my indy boots and the color isn't that great.
Allen Edmond's replacement on ebay for $5 or so, they might be a good alternative. This isn't my auction, nor do I have any interest with the seller: http://www.ebay.com/itm/290856895541?var=590102570934&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
I'm not sure if I'm aloud to link to ebay?post #44773 of 1224163/4/13 at 4:52pmQuote:
Shoelaces express has a huge selection of materials, styles, colors, etc (don't let the lame Internet 1.5 website scare you off). I initially found them when searching for kevlar laces. Not many style options, but for boots, they would be last pair you'd ever need.post #44774 of 1224163/4/13 at 5:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by tommyhk
Anyone know where I can try to get my hands on a pair of Indy Boots in Natural Chromexcel (9D).
Leffot : Pre-Orders are gone
Shoemart : None available in 9D
North River Outfitters : Less than favorable reviews of available stock/service
Unionmade : Swung by the shop and the person I asked said they weren't expecting any in the near future.
Any info on where to snag a pair would be appreciated. Thanks!
Two Weeks ago, I got a pair (size 9.) at the Alden store, downtown San Francisco-- tried size 9d during the processpost #44775 of 1224163/4/13 at 5:09pm
I'm not worried about the bow, but the intense restriction feeling sorta kinda kills me. I know they're new and can be stretched, but for $500 I don't want to be in pain/lose circulation. thoughts on amount of break-in/give? Store said I could return/have them stretched if need be.
the store ordered them very narrow for my feet. they fit snug--maybe too snug.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 2 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 3 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...