I only use Venetian Shoe Cream and a brush.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 10/25/15 at 6:54pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2983
Styleforum Top Picks
1) I appear to be in the minority on this, but I have no issue wearing antique edging with cigar when it comes to many models (this Atom, NST, even LWB). When I owned the color 4 Atom, I viewed it as a dress shoe... The single sole and tremont last helped with that as well
2) If you want a brown wingtip, a no brainer is the Marlow wingtip
I'm looking for suggestions that are definitely not SF-approved. I pretty much wear lace-up boots all the time and they are a real pain at the security check points when travelling. So....does anyone know of good quality (preferably Goodyear-welted but Blake-stitched would be okay) lace-up boots that are good-looking, of a casual style and that are comfortable and that have a side zip (Horror of horrors!). There you have it. And I'm not really interested in Chelsea boots. Thanks.
I wear chukka boots for travel... in and out (also carry one of those small shoehorns in your carry-on luggage).
Edited by Alcibiades - 3/4/13 at 11:14am
I was surprised to see the 2145 inside also. But it has the Brooks Brothers labeling inside the shoe and on the sole. Not sure how old they are, Is it possible that early on they used the same style number for both Alden factory shoes and made for BB? I think the BB version is also built on the aberdeen last.
yes and yes
The 2145 is one of Alden's most attractive dress shoes.
That sounds like it's gonna be a tough search. The Frye Company www.thefryecompany.com has quite a few to pick from in various leathers and finishes. As for construction, they are totally model specific. They offer everything from Goodyear-welted to Blake Stitched to glue jobs. The frustrating part sometimes is figuring out which type of construction has been used. The pictures give some clue, but with the use of "fake" stitching in so many fashion first brands out there, it is not advisable to go strictly based on appearance. Most of Frye's offerings are sort of reminiscent of their western boot heritage, so they would be quite different than your AE's and Aldens. Then again, you are from El Paso, so a western boot may fit in quite well...
Thanks, guys. You have all given me good suggestions which I will mull over. Appreciate it.
Also, how casually do you think the Alden for BB #8 cap toe blucher can be worn? Since I mainly wear denim and chinos, I think I'd be better off with a cap toe blucher boot than a shoe, but I'd be curious to get some input.
Edited by Papa Doble - 3/4/13 at 11:55am
This is kind of like the Tremont - in that some go TTS; some go down 1/2 size (like with Barrie). For me (TTS 9.5D), a 9.5D in the M58 was too roomy - but a 9.5C is perfect.
Thanks. I guess the other issue is they don't seem to have many sizes of this model on the website. I guess it can't hurt to call.
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Trickers Espresso burnished super shoes - size 8 UK 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 2 minutes ago
- › Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing 2 minutes ago
- › Freewheelers pants - Steam donkey overalls - herringbone - size 30 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the... 13 minutes ago
- › Visit to Kent Wang NYC 14 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories