or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 298  

post #4456 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
I highly doubt this will ever happen. The best bet is to work with one of the established sellers. If you do not ask for Whiskey, Cigar or Ravello I think most would work with you if you got 12 orders. But there are certain things that Alden will not do no matter who you are. I cannot remember if I have ever seen an Alden Long Wing boot for instance.

oh so here is my suggestion for the boot

ravello or cigar punched captoe no speed hooks double leather sole on the barrie last.
post #4457 of 122416
True, but I think the original guy wanted to save a couple bucks on the shoe prices. Any real Alden dealer would deserve to make that money on the shoes.
post #4458 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
oh so here is my suggestion for the boot

ravello or cigar punched captoe no speed hooks double leather sole on the barrie last.
I liker both of those. It will be hard to get those even working with a dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djh View Post
True, but I think the original guy wanted to save a couple bucks on the shoe prices. Any real Alden dealer would deserve to make that money on the shoes.
He'll save a lot of money. Because it ain't gonna' happen!
post #4459 of 122416
I'm meeting with the Alden rep next week to go over some new make-ups for Spring 2011 and I'm definitely open to suggestions! (I'm going to try for some of the exotic shell colors but it probably won't happen)
post #4460 of 122416
I'm in for a Perf tip bal on the plaza last, or a cap toe monk on the plaza! Let me know!
post #4461 of 122416
yeah, for any kind of group order I think it would be best to stick with a request in #8
post #4462 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by djh View Post
True, but I think the original guy wanted to save a couple bucks on the shoe prices. Any real Alden dealer would deserve to make that money on the shoes.
Yes this is the idea. I know some people have a loyalty to certain shoe dealers, however I definitely do not. If I can order an Alden shoe at half price, then Im in. Ive actually done some leg work on this and it seems like Alden won't put up too much of a fuss for this. As ultimately if they sell to some big store or they sell to us, it's the same profit margin to them. Anyone who wants to respect a store please feel free to not join this. Personally I see this as just cutting out a middleman. Lets keep in mind this would take 6 months to do, plenty of shoes will be purchased in the interim. So we arent going to ruin the Alden market by a handful of people buying shoes and waiting 6 months for them. That all said someone is going to have to take lead on this if it's going to move anywhere.
post #4463 of 122416
[quote=jasonfoote303;3300485]I'm meeting with the Alden rep next week to go over some new make-ups for Spring 2011 and I'm definitely open to suggestions!

Reeeeaaaalllly?!


Barrie lasted chukka, snuff suede, plantation crepe sole.

Barrie lasted chukka (or cap toe boot), mahogany calf, brown soft calf, or chromexel, commando sole w/natural edge.

Black calf cap toe blucher, Aberdeen last, single leather sole.


Will you let us know here if you do a pre-order? I take an E width and end up missing out on all these custom make-ups because of it...
post #4464 of 122416
Yep, if you're willing to do the work just to get your own pair of shoes for wholesale, I'm down. I also don't have any "loyalty" to any stores, but was just saying that any store offering good products/service deserves to make the markup. Especially because they have so many other costs.
post #4465 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
I liker both of those. It will be hard to get those even working with a dealer.


He'll save a lot of money. Because it ain't gonna' happen!

cigar or ravello might be hard how about scotch grain
post #4466 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanical pencil View Post

Barrie lasted chukka , chromexel, commando sole w/natural edge.


I like this a lot...
post #4467 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
cigar or ravello might be hard how about scotch grain
HEH! I got a pair of Whiskey Longwings (Seconds) on the way and am on a pre-wait list for Ravello Cap Toe boot sans speed hooks. I think I am sitting this out.
post #4468 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy View Post
Yes this is the idea. I know some people have a loyalty to certain shoe dealers, however I definitely do not. If I can order an Alden shoe at half price, then Im in. Ive actually done some leg work on this and it seems like Alden won't put up too much of a fuss for this. As ultimately if they sell to some big store or they sell to us, it's the same profit margin to them. Anyone who wants to respect a store please feel free to not join this. Personally I see this as just cutting out a middleman. Lets keep in mind this would take 6 months to do, plenty of shoes will be purchased in the interim. So we arent going to ruin the Alden market by a handful of people buying shoes and waiting 6 months for them. That all said someone is going to have to take lead on this if it's going to move anywhere.
Have you done the footwork with Alden and how much will you save? I doubt if you cannot shell out retail for one pair of shoes that you are going to be able to lay down the down payment for 12 pairs..
post #4469 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
HEH! I got a pair of Whiskey Longwings (Seconds) on the way and am on a pre-wait list for Ravello Cap Toe boot sans speed hooks. I think I am sitting this out.

Where from, if i may ask?
post #4470 of 122416
^TheShoeMart - call them up and ask to be put on the second's list for Aldens in your size. A bunch of great deals right now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.