Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2960post #44386 of 1224162/28/13 at 5:40pmpost #44387 of 1224162/28/13 at 5:48pmpost #44388 of 1224162/28/13 at 5:49pmpost #44389 of 1224162/28/13 at 5:54pmpost #44390 of 1224162/28/13 at 5:57pmpost #44391 of 1224162/28/13 at 6:03pmpost #44392 of 1224162/28/13 at 6:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
I was recently away on an extended vacation but made a couple of orders while I was away. It was nice the other day when I got home and the mailman delivered my backlog of mail that was being held.
Getting home to a box from Unionmade or The Shoemart is usually a good thing, but getting a box from both...
Wear in good health
[IMG ALT=""]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/709459/width/500/height/1000[/I Let's get the Filson shirt from Unionmade out of the way...
Reverse chamois Indy boots from Unionmade, natural CXL longwings and ravello chukkas from The Shoemart.
The chukka boots have been sort of a grail of mine for a while and TSM finally got some in stock in my size so I did not hesitate to pull the trigger. They are absolutely flawless, and even without running the pictures through Instagram like I did, they are are very heavy on the red end of the ravello color spectrum. The color is very similar to my whiskey Indy boots. The longwings were an impulse buy. I had been going back and forth on buying CXL LWBs for months and decided to finally take the plunge. I'm glad I did - I'm wearing them today with some green moleskin trousers and think they look great. I can see me getting a lot of use out of them.
I haven't had a chance to wear the reverse chamois Indy boots yet, other than to try on and sort of break in, but they are very comfortable. I have suede Indys that I think are much more comfy than the CXL ones I used to have or my whiskey shell or #8 Indys, and these reverse chamois ones are almost as comfortable as the suede. Very flexible and considerably more lightweight - as far as Indy boots go anyway.
wear in good health, remember to use the break in methodpost #44393 of 1224162/28/13 at 6:36pmQuote:
It's a great looking boot - and comfortable too.post #44394 of 1224162/28/13 at 7:08pmpost #44395 of 1224162/28/13 at 7:17pmQuote:
I too was asking around for a code. Finally just called J crew's 1800 number... Thanks to Veronica (adorable laugh by the way) I'll have color 8 chukkas in 3-5 business days...
Just call them and ask nicely. They'll say it has to be on a J crew credit card but they made it work for me because I had about 300 on a gift card (put the rest on my normal credit card). If you're truly desperate, get a gift card in store and use thatpost #44396 of 1224162/28/13 at 7:27pmQuote:
Two suggestions. One, the vendor who sold you the boots. I've gotten a few pairs of replacement laces from my Alden dealer gratis. Two, Alden. Alden has also supplied me with replacement laces at no charge.
Otherwise, I buy my laces from Benjos or Milk Made.post #44397 of 1224162/28/13 at 7:46pmpost #44398 of 1224162/28/13 at 7:50pmQuote:
Great options for sure. I love Frans Boone's lace offerings and wish they were available stateside. The overseas shipping costs makes it tough to order from himpost #44399 of 1224162/28/13 at 8:05pmpost #44400 of 1224162/28/13 at 8:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by closerlook
If anyone is interested I have some more RARE aldens to get rid of:
including color8 wingtip boots 7.5D barrie and ravello wingtip boots 7.5D barrie. there is a pair of whiskey lwb 7.5D too, but i do believe they are spoken for at this time. if that changes I will edit this post.
dont advertise your shoes here. you have a sig for this
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 9 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 10 minutes ago
- › Aubercy Shoes - My Best Paris Experience 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...