Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 10/25/15 at 6:54pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2960
Styleforum Top Picks
I was recently away on an extended vacation but made a couple of orders while I was away. It was nice the other day when I got home and the mailman delivered my backlog of mail that was being held.
Getting home to a box from Unionmade or The Shoemart is usually a good thing, but getting a box from both...
Wear in good health
[IMG ALT=""]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/709459/width/500/height/1000[/I Let's get the Filson shirt from Unionmade out of the way...
Reverse chamois Indy boots from Unionmade, natural CXL longwings and ravello chukkas from The Shoemart.
The chukka boots have been sort of a grail of mine for a while and TSM finally got some in stock in my size so I did not hesitate to pull the trigger. They are absolutely flawless, and even without running the pictures through Instagram like I did, they are are very heavy on the red end of the ravello color spectrum. The color is very similar to my whiskey Indy boots. The longwings were an impulse buy. I had been going back and forth on buying CXL LWBs for months and decided to finally take the plunge. I'm glad I did - I'm wearing them today with some green moleskin trousers and think they look great. I can see me getting a lot of use out of them.
I haven't had a chance to wear the reverse chamois Indy boots yet, other than to try on and sort of break in, but they are very comfortable. I have suede Indys that I think are much more comfy than the CXL ones I used to have or my whiskey shell or #8 Indys, and these reverse chamois ones are almost as comfortable as the suede. Very flexible and considerably more lightweight - as far as Indy boots go anyway.
wear in good health, remember to use the break in method
It's a great looking boot - and comfortable too.
I too was asking around for a code. Finally just called J crew's 1800 number... Thanks to Veronica (adorable laugh by the way) I'll have color 8 chukkas in 3-5 business days...
Just call them and ask nicely. They'll say it has to be on a J crew credit card but they made it work for me because I had about 300 on a gift card (put the rest on my normal credit card). If you're truly desperate, get a gift card in store and use that
Two suggestions. One, the vendor who sold you the boots. I've gotten a few pairs of replacement laces from my Alden dealer gratis. Two, Alden. Alden has also supplied me with replacement laces at no charge.
Otherwise, I buy my laces from Benjos or Milk Made.
Great options for sure. I love Frans Boone's lace offerings and wish they were available stateside. The overseas shipping costs makes it tough to order from him
If anyone is interested I have some more RARE aldens to get rid of:
including color8 wingtip boots 7.5D barrie and ravello wingtip boots 7.5D barrie. there is a pair of whiskey lwb 7.5D too, but i do believe they are spoken for at this time. if that changes I will edit this post.
dont advertise your shoes here. you have a sig for this
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 10 minutes ago
- › Doctor Who 25 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 25 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 33 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 36 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 37 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories