The LWB does not work for me. Kathy and Joe were good enough to hook me up with the captoes on the Aberdeen. These are a perfect fit.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:29 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2949post #44222 of 1224162/26/13 at 6:48pmpost #44223 of 1224162/26/13 at 7:16pmpost #44224 of 1224162/26/13 at 7:17pmpost #44225 of 1224162/26/13 at 7:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Burton
Well I just wanted to add my new captoes to those posting new shoes. Also, I was helped by Kathy in at the Alden store in D.C. on these. Thanks, Kathy. These may become my favorites.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
NVM. See that they're on the Aberdeen last. Congrats! Those look nice.post #44226 of 1224162/26/13 at 7:20pmpost #44227 of 1224162/26/13 at 7:26pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tell me they don't have more of those.post #44228 of 1224162/26/13 at 7:30pmpost #44229 of 1224162/26/13 at 7:43pmpost #44230 of 1224162/26/13 at 7:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Todd V
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tell me they don't have more of those.
Go to the Alden San Francisco website. They have 7, 9, 9.5, and 10.5 in this cigar straight tip blucher. I wouldn't be surprised if Alden DC has more. Great shoe. Nearly pulled the trigger several weeks ago but a whiskey wingtip bal got in the way.post #44231 of 1224162/26/13 at 8:06pmpost #44232 of 1224162/26/13 at 8:11pm
PSA: J Crew has a 20% off plus free shipping between now and March 2nd. Promotion Code: CYWL4KPFG
I tried it on a pair of Alden color 8 chukkas and they are now going for $520! Wish I had a desire for any of their AVAILABLE Alden offerings! That Ravello would have been sweet for $560!
Good luck...post #44233 of 1224162/26/13 at 8:18pmpost #44234 of 1224162/26/13 at 8:27pmpost #44235 of 1224162/26/13 at 8:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by fiestaplatypus
Interesting that you say the 744 is the same color as the brown cordovan strand, as I was under the impression that they were different shades. I should probably do a family pic as well to show the AE Walnut, AE Truffle, AE Brown, AE Burgandy/#8, Alden Ravello, and Alden Whiskey in my possession.
If you go on a hunt for the LWB, let me know if you spot any 12's.
I'm going in most part by what Nick Horween posted on AAAC which is very little and I have done a lot of research on it, that seems to be the only knowledge base I have found. And I would hope that you PLEASE DO post some pictures for a comparison! The Alden Ravello at first were a disappointment to me. They were almost a perfect match for my walnut chukkas which was not what I was expecting... However after just a short time in the real world with UV the red is really coming out, after a couple of wears they are starting to distinguish themselves: on the right compared to 3 walnut shells on the left:
The Dalton to the left has aged beautifully to a perfect walnut color, the strand and Dundee are darker. The Alden Ravello is very new and thanks to Ryanfan I was able to purchase it through Alden NY (Madison). At first I was disappointed, it was almost a perfect match for the walnut chukkas. But in a week and a half time and lots of the "method" has already come out with better red highlights than when new. Time, UV, and finishing processes all come into play. I was afraid that whiskey would be too close of a match, but looks like Ravello is actually closer in my case.
Found a recent picture I took with the C&J for RL Marlow and some other brown shell for comparison. The C&J is between the 744's.Shell Dalton's to the right with what I would consider a true walnut color. Dark brown to the far left.
And at the risk of getting shot on this thread here are the 5 AE shell colors without the Alden Ravello which I need to get into a new picture to be included. Could care less, the sound of the bullets going by your head are almost secondary to the flinch you get from the muzzle flash you first see in real life, and I really don't give a damn if it helps someone else out. Bottom left up- #8, Black, walnut, front bottom: dark brown, truffle AKA:cappuccino.Quote:
Uh Oh... The last time you made a statement like that Seven I found myself purchasing the Alden Chukkas in Ravello when you were wearing the whiskey chukkas. Well guess by now I have learned that I might as well just transfer money from my savings to checking because there must be a pair of cigar Alden LWB in my future. And thanks for the heads up!
6th year of preference points in Co. for the chance to get a shot at Royal bull elk (6x6). So I understand what it takes to pull a tag for a unicorn. Fingers crossed! And good hunting....
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 48 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 4 minutes ago
- › GRAIL! STUNNING UNWORN Holland & Holland Pure Linen Shooting... 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › BNWT $5000 100%Silk RLPL Custom Fit double breasted suit 40R 11 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding