Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2905post #43561 of 1224162/16/13 at 6:05ampost #43562 of 1224162/16/13 at 6:06ampost #43563 of 1224162/16/13 at 6:39amAnyone have thoughts on what would be a good Alden loafer for the summer? I'm considering the LHS in either cigar or whiskey. I wear an 11D in the Barrie last. What would be the appropriate size in the van last? Thankspost #43564 of 1224162/16/13 at 6:42amQuote:
natural cxl from unionmadegoods.com
http://www.unionmadegoods.com/Alden_Brenham_Leisure_Loafer_in_Natural_Chromexcel_96963_8147.htmlpost #43565 of 1224162/16/13 at 7:57ampost #43566 of 1224162/16/13 at 8:03amQuote:Originally Posted by BootSpell
Given I have no Plaza-lasted boots (or shoes), and given how much I like the looks of this last, I want my next Alden purchase to be on the Plaza last. I like some of the makeups at J. Gilbert but am hesitant to buy my first Plaza-lasted shoe from them given their strict return policy. I can try the Alden stores in NYC or DC but their websites mostly have just #8 which I already have enough of for now (and black which might be a purchase laster on down the line). I'd even be interested in buying a Plaza-lasted boot in calf just to try this last. I'm guessing the NYC and DC stores have good return policies, no?
That's my dilemma. The strategy I think is going to be to have to call the retailers with decent return policies regularly as some others have said they do.
I know that NYC (Madison) does. When I ordered the Ravello chukka last week I asked about returns because I have some concerns over the Barrie last and my narrow heels, but I'm going to try my best to make them work. Had a hard time hearing him but it was either 10 days or 2 weeks full refund then something else after that for 30 days if i understood him correctly.post #43567 of 1224162/16/13 at 8:13amQuote:Originally Posted by El Argentino
I hope everyone's NRO purchases pan out...
But it seems like every 3-month cycle is the same. People get all googly-eyed over "ALDEN DIZCOUNTZ!!!1!" put in orders, and then we quickly get the same anti-NRO posts about poor service, orders falling through, etc. Here's hoping y'all get your pairs -
Yeah, I've been through the ordeal of placing an order, having my credit card charged, getting an email that the shoes weren't in stock, and then emailing and calling them about 5 times before finally getting them to cancel the order (did you notice how in PTO's post about NRO they said they weren't able to confirm something because they couldn't get someone on the phone?). Even if they did have the shoes in stock, I've read multiple reviews saying NRO will only give store credit with returns. So, the sales since have been tempting, but I've decided they aren't worth the stress.post #43568 of 1224162/16/13 at 8:15amQuote:
I'm an 11 D in the barrie. An 11 D LHS had way too much heel slip. An 11 C reduces the slip. I'm not sure that that's the right size (I don't own an LHS yet), but I think it is. I really like the LHS in cigar, ravello, and whiskey.post #43569 of 1224162/16/13 at 9:05amQuote:Originally Posted by Cold Iron
I know that NYC (Madison) does. When I ordered the Ravello chukka last week I asked about returns because I have some concerns over the Barrie last and my narrow heels, but I'm going to try my best to make them work. Had a hard time hearing him but it was either 10 days or 2 weeks full refund then something else after that for 30 days if i understood him correctly.
Thanks for the info. My targets will be the NYC and DC stores as well as maybe LS. I just need to be patient as I think I have good breadth in my collection. Now it's time for chasing unicorns.post #43570 of 1224162/16/13 at 10:11amQuote:Originally Posted by ElliottPapineau
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Natural CXL Indy's-2 Years
These are fantastic. I appreciate the bar lacing too.Quote:
Yes, I see that now. Went back to the image and saw how almost-red it becomes at the heel vs. the buttery color along the instep. Great pair either way.post #43571 of 1224162/16/13 at 10:49amGents, need some words of wisdom on LS Safari boots in snuff suede. Anyone has those and care to share some thoughts?
If you had a choice between snuff suede flex PT vs snuff suede Safari as casual boots?
Edited by Steel28 - 2/16/13 at 12:09pmpost #43572 of 1224162/16/13 at 10:54ampost #43573 of 1224162/16/13 at 12:49pmpost #43574 of 1224162/16/13 at 1:16pmpost #43575 of 1224162/16/13 at 1:19pmQuote:
LHS in whiskey or ravello.
My van size = my barrie size minus one width.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 15 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 48 seconds ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 56 seconds ago
- › Spring Cleaning - Ties, Shirts, Outerwear 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info 12 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 13 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 14 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...