Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 6:01 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2872post #43066 of 1224162/7/13 at 9:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #43067 of 1224162/7/13 at 9:23pm
A little less expensive. I have 4 of em. Made in Germany. High quality. Bought some daubers from them too since I was already paying for shipping.post #43068 of 1224162/7/13 at 10:43pmQuote:
I've had good luck with my Allen Edmonds brush, and they have free shipping. I think you can also get it through Amazon using Amazon prime.post #43069 of 1224162/7/13 at 11:36pmQuote:WOW never thought I'd give saddles a second look but those posted right thereQuote:Quote:Quote:
Thanks for the kind words gentlemen. ElDave, i feel the same way about shell saddle combos.post #43070 of 1224162/7/13 at 11:58pmpost #43071 of 1224162/8/13 at 12:01ampost #43072 of 1224162/8/13 at 12:03ampost #43073 of 1224162/8/13 at 4:15amSorry if this is a dumb question... I notice light and dark colored horse hair brushes. Does the color of the bristles matter? i.e. am I supposed to be using the light brush on certain colors and the dark on certain colors? Or does it not matter?post #43074 of 1224162/8/13 at 4:15amQuote:
+1 on the AE Brushes. This may be a bit overkill, but I like to have two brushes for each color shell. I like to have one that is stiffer for removal of dust and dirt, and then one brush that is softer for polishing before using my cloth. I have also found the AE polishing cloths work well for the final part of the method.post #43075 of 1224162/8/13 at 4:17amQuote:
No. That is just different color horse hair.post #43076 of 1224162/8/13 at 4:19ampost #43077 of 1224162/8/13 at 6:15am
I scored bigtime today at our local Alden store in Dusseldorf, Germany.
A nice pair of Indy Boots, marked down at 399,- Euro. That'll be about 540,- USD, not extraordinary for you living in the states, but in Germany... WOW!!
Had to size down one full size, same as RW GTs. They were very comfy right off the box, unlike GTs. I hope they last on me as long as my trusty GTs...
I plan on not stressing these too much, keep them broken in nicely, but do not abuse them. For example, I might not want to wear these at rock festivals ;-)
Next question: care products for these boots?
My regular care routine would be to give them an initial boot oil treatment and after that (tomorrow, when the oil is soaked in completely) some leather protection like obenauf.
Is this a good thing to do with these boots?
I'm really happy now...post #43078 of 1224162/8/13 at 6:33ampost #43079 of 1224162/8/13 at 7:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Burton
+1 on the AE Brushes. This may be a bit overkill, but I like to have two brushes for each color shell. I like to have one that is stiffer for removal of dust and dirt, and then one brush that is softer for polishing before using my cloth. I have also found the AE polishing cloths work well for the final part of the method.
You might also consider the Alden polishing cloths, which are much larger than the AE ones.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 21 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 59 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Horween Natural Shell Cordovan Strands by Allen Edmonds 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?