If Alden won't correct this, perhaps you could redye them black. Not sure if that would work...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 10/25/15 at 6:54pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2867
Styleforum Top Picks
Just a warning when storing your waterlock soled shoes. Don't let the soles touch other lighter colored leather. I tossed a pair of brand new LWBs in the closet which happened to fall onto a pair of white golf shoes (a virgin pair of vintage Foot-Joy Classics for those golfers reading this). The area where the waterlock touched the golf shoes turned purple
I've currently got said area covered with corn starch in hopes it pulls some of it out.
The use of cedar shoe racks will prevent this. I recommend them.
FWIW, I recently had the DC Cigar captoe and the Cigar Chukkas at my place and the DC boots were VERY dark by comparison (almost black). The chukkas had much more brown and even some olive green tones to the shell and were far more pleasing a color to me. I had really desired the captoe boot with commando sole but shifted my thinking to either a chukka or PTB after having them in-house.
My Ravello chukkas are due to arrive today. I am a bit nervous regarding the color after your comments about them being quite dark and not as red. I will post some pics when they arrive.
Very Nice! I have had those in my cart twice a day for the last couple of days. I have hesitated to pull the trigger because they are only 2 eyes and several on here even recently have mentioned slippage and a loose fit. And I have no idea how the Barrie last will fit me except to start half a size down. For my first Alden's I could see those fitting perfectly into my collection, close to truffle but not quite. Your thoughts?
Alden SF Cigar LWBs for this pre-Blizzard here in NYC. Some interesting colors starting to come out now in these. I've also included a pic from my first wearing of these for comparison. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Very nice; love the difference in colors...I have a similar difference in my whiskey bal WT...
Did you end up getting the Epaulet makeup too? I'm loving the Leydon so much - wore them back to back w/ my Barrie LWBs and was amazed at the difference. Enjoy wearing them!
FWIW, w/ my NatCXL Indys, if you get a tree that really fills the toebox and pay special attention to brushing them out after every wear, the wrinkles won't ever become overly obvious.
Got them from Leffot. I got shoe trees, and though I likely won't polish after every wear since they are brand new, i certainly will polish since I don't want the leather to crack.
I haven't put trees in my Indys boot, you think I should?
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › Wedding Guest New Years Eve 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 19 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 minutes ago
- › Styling Doc Martens 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Chukka 11.5D 30 minutes ago
- › Alden X Unionmade Stanyan PT Boot Oiled Kudu 11D 31 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories