Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 10:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2854
Styleforum Top Pickspost #42797 of 1224162/5/13 at 7:16amQuote:Originally Posted by MrDV
leffot color 8 alpine saddles (gloomy morning in sd)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those look very nice. How long have you had them and how much wear have you gotten out of them? I bought on the current pre-order and am really looking forward to having them for late in the spring and summer.post #42798 of 1224162/5/13 at 7:40am
Called the shoemart, about this possible color #4: http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_fd-96800_color_4/pvc-ald-mxs-fd-96800_ald_m_fd-96800.html
It's a Leydon last size 12.5, plain toe blucher with a dover pattern ($399.95). Picture she provided shows cigar, but it should be the correct style. http://www.theshoemart.com/mas_assets/detail/ALD/FD-96800.jpgpost #42799 of 1224162/5/13 at 7:46amQuote:the formality of the bal contrasts with the casualness of the leather shades perfectly imo . A beautiful shoeOriginally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
My first Whiskey shell... Wingtip Bal Oxford on Tremont! So very glad I sized down 0.5 (same as Barrie) -- the tremont feels narrower in the toe box than the barrie (not by much though), but is still pretty round and bulky like the LWB. Very happy!
Should I be concerned with the creasing so close to the base of the lasing? I feel like they fit well, but I've never seen any of my shells crease in this spot.post #42800 of 1224162/5/13 at 7:48amI have to say that there are some extremely unusual styles in that list of Shoemart seconds. Some very nice and some very very dubious. I suppose we like a certain subset of styles here on this thread (setting aside choice of material), but I wonder who the heck Alden is making all these oddball shoes for.post #42801 of 1224162/5/13 at 7:49ampost #42802 of 1224162/5/13 at 8:03amQuote:Originally Posted by lummers13
Thanks shaunW for the heads up, saw plenty I want, none in my size sadly.
Just go to the alden section where you can 'view all' and sort the results from 'Price: Lowest to Highest' and you'll have like 10 pages of seconds where they'll say "Sale" in red with x% off.
That's how I was able to find it last year, however being able to add a pair to your cart and even ordering them might not mean that they have it in stock since sometimes their inventory isn't always up to date (but with so many shoes I can understand that)
The link may or may not work
It looks like all the 2nds that were listed yesterday have been taken down. I highly doubt all of them (including the less sought after styles) were purchased last night.post #42803 of 1224162/5/13 at 8:04ampost #42804 of 1224162/5/13 at 8:38amQuote:
Over the past few weeks, I've noticed a few times when TSM's site went into the "show everything" state it was in last night (just for one day each time). I just never noticed the seconds before, because I usually sort by price and stop when I pass from shell to calf around the $600 mark.Quote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
I have to say that there are some extremely unusual styles in that list of Shoemart seconds. Some very nice and some very very dubious. I suppose we like a certain subset of styles here on this thread (setting aside choice of material), but I wonder who the heck Alden is making all these oddball shoes for.
I agree. There were quite a few I've never seen on the Alden thread, and would not have considered purchasing if they were in my size -- and some still that I might not wear if they were free. There must be people out there who appreciate quality footwear, but whose taste is very different from most on this thread.post #42805 of 1224162/5/13 at 8:39ampost #42806 of 1224162/5/13 at 8:57amQuote:Originally Posted by interlockingnyQuote:
Makes sense to wear your #8 PTBs with your 990th post. Assuming these are Aldens and not Alden x Brooks Brothers, your nailed the model number with your post count.
Astute observation!post #42807 of 1224162/5/13 at 9:04ampost #42808 of 1224162/5/13 at 9:23ampost #42809 of 1224162/5/13 at 9:35amAnyone have any other insight into what TSM got in recently? It takes so long to click on every style, I really wish they would simply list what is in stock at the present time. It gets old clicking on ten different styles to be repeatedly rejected. I know of the ravello chukkas, feel free to add to my list of one.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 47 seconds ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 59 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 13 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 14 minutes ago
- › Suggestions for chunky/heavy sweaters with shorter sleeves? 16 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 21 minutes ago
- › Quintessential Knit Ties: Comprehensive Discussion & Appreciation 22 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?