This is a great boot from Jgilbert. I own it. You should contact Yenni to check if/when they are doing it again.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 1:44 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2843post #42631 of 1224162/2/13 at 10:53pmpost #42632 of 1224162/2/13 at 11:19pmpost #42633 of 1224162/2/13 at 11:33pmpost #42634 of 1224162/2/13 at 11:53pmQuote:
An hour? That's nothing. I'd love to be an hour away from an Alden dealer (usually I have to get on a plane). Bryan and Joel are a pleasure to deal with. I hope to get back out there next weekend.
Best of luck. And I like your photos. I'll have to learn how to use the timer on my camera.post #42635 of 1224162/3/13 at 1:34ampost #42636 of 1224162/3/13 at 5:54amQuote:Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguyQuote:
Good advice here.
I wear my snuff suede unlined pubs without socks in the summer all the time.
Thanks to both of you for the feedback; will do.
Seven - Show us some picks of BNelson's work on your Cigars. I was thinking of doing the same thing, but since I have the RL Marlow with the dark edge, I probably won't. Still curious though...post #42637 of 1224162/3/13 at 6:57amQuote:Originally Posted by bespoken pa
That's is pretty funny.
I imagine they are I didn't inquire about the sole on the NYC model. I will post pictures wedensday assuming the men in the brown suits show up on time. I just checked out it to see what the shoe mart options were. I see now who my chief competitor shall be, good luck to you good sir.
Agreed. I think I had grabbed the 8D cigar capote from DC last week and it was you who was also looking at it. For frame of reference I returned it as it was a bit too tight for me, probably needed an 8.5. Getting an exact sizing on Alden can be difficult. I also tried an 8E in the Chukka and it was just a bit too big for me. I feel confident now in an 8D on the Barrie. With that being said my #8 wingtip Barrie boots area bit on the snug side and I might consider Barrie boots in an 8.5 in the future. My Indys are an 8D as well; I know most people size down but mine fit pretty well but a bit loose. I do wonder how a 7.5E would fit in comparison. It is just so difficult to truly know...post #42638 of 1224162/3/13 at 8:29ampost #42639 of 1224162/3/13 at 8:47ampost #42640 of 1224162/3/13 at 8:55amQuote:
I'm curious about Plaza-lasted boots -- as far as I know, there's one from J. Gilbert (#8 Captoe boot) and one from Frans Boone (Ravello Indy). Does anyone know of other Plaza-last boots?post #42641 of 1224162/3/13 at 8:55ampost #42642 of 1224162/3/13 at 9:17amQuote:Originally Posted by violethour1951
I'm curious about Plaza-lasted boots -- as far as I know, there's one from J. Gilbert (#8 Captoe boot) and one from Frans Boone (Ravello Indy). Does anyone know of other Plaza-last boots?
JGilbert #8 NST is Plazapost #42643 of 1224162/3/13 at 9:26ampost #42644 of 1224162/3/13 at 10:14amQuote:Originally Posted by violethour1951
I'm curious about Plaza-lasted boots -- as far as I know, there's one from J. Gilbert (#8 Captoe boot)
and one from Frans Boone (Ravello Indy).
Does anyone know of other Plaza-last boots?
Yes I preordered a pair from leather soul
Plaza-last #8 Captoe Boots (J. Gilbert) (Click to show) Plaza-last Ravello Indys (Click to show)post #42645 of 1224162/3/13 at 10:14am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Thoughts on the Sartorialist 1 minute ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 4 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 24 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 25 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 26 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 30 minutes ago
- › WTS: SuitSupply Napoli 36S 33 minutes ago
- › Trying to find cargo pants 34 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding