This is a great boot from Jgilbert. I own it. You should contact Yenni to check if/when they are doing it again.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 1:33 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2843post #42631 of 1224162/2/13 at 10:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #42632 of 1224162/2/13 at 11:19pmpost #42633 of 1224162/2/13 at 11:33pmpost #42634 of 1224162/2/13 at 11:53pmQuote:
An hour? That's nothing. I'd love to be an hour away from an Alden dealer (usually I have to get on a plane). Bryan and Joel are a pleasure to deal with. I hope to get back out there next weekend.
Best of luck. And I like your photos. I'll have to learn how to use the timer on my camera.post #42635 of 1224162/3/13 at 1:34ampost #42636 of 1224162/3/13 at 5:54amQuote:Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguyQuote:
Good advice here.
I wear my snuff suede unlined pubs without socks in the summer all the time.
Thanks to both of you for the feedback; will do.
Seven - Show us some picks of BNelson's work on your Cigars. I was thinking of doing the same thing, but since I have the RL Marlow with the dark edge, I probably won't. Still curious though...post #42637 of 1224162/3/13 at 6:57amQuote:Originally Posted by bespoken pa
That's is pretty funny.
I imagine they are I didn't inquire about the sole on the NYC model. I will post pictures wedensday assuming the men in the brown suits show up on time. I just checked out it to see what the shoe mart options were. I see now who my chief competitor shall be, good luck to you good sir.
Agreed. I think I had grabbed the 8D cigar capote from DC last week and it was you who was also looking at it. For frame of reference I returned it as it was a bit too tight for me, probably needed an 8.5. Getting an exact sizing on Alden can be difficult. I also tried an 8E in the Chukka and it was just a bit too big for me. I feel confident now in an 8D on the Barrie. With that being said my #8 wingtip Barrie boots area bit on the snug side and I might consider Barrie boots in an 8.5 in the future. My Indys are an 8D as well; I know most people size down but mine fit pretty well but a bit loose. I do wonder how a 7.5E would fit in comparison. It is just so difficult to truly know...post #42638 of 1224162/3/13 at 8:29ampost #42639 of 1224162/3/13 at 8:47ampost #42640 of 1224162/3/13 at 8:55amQuote:
I'm curious about Plaza-lasted boots -- as far as I know, there's one from J. Gilbert (#8 Captoe boot) and one from Frans Boone (Ravello Indy). Does anyone know of other Plaza-last boots?post #42641 of 1224162/3/13 at 8:55ampost #42642 of 1224162/3/13 at 9:17amQuote:Originally Posted by violethour1951
I'm curious about Plaza-lasted boots -- as far as I know, there's one from J. Gilbert (#8 Captoe boot) and one from Frans Boone (Ravello Indy). Does anyone know of other Plaza-last boots?
JGilbert #8 NST is Plazapost #42643 of 1224162/3/13 at 9:26ampost #42644 of 1224162/3/13 at 10:14amQuote:Originally Posted by violethour1951
I'm curious about Plaza-lasted boots -- as far as I know, there's one from J. Gilbert (#8 Captoe boot)
and one from Frans Boone (Ravello Indy).
Does anyone know of other Plaza-last boots?
Yes I preordered a pair from leather soul
Plaza-last #8 Captoe Boots (J. Gilbert) (Click to show) Plaza-last Ravello Indys (Click to show)post #42645 of 1224162/3/13 at 10:14am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 7 minutes ago
- › DLester's "Official Repository of Things That Are Awful Yet I Like... 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 8 minutes ago
- › 2016 Presidential Caucus and Primary Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...