Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 6:23 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2834post #42496 of 1224162/1/13 at 11:50am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #42497 of 1224162/1/13 at 12:17pmI just got the Alden longwings from J Crew made on the Barrie last in sz 10. The right foot fits perfect but my left foot is a bit longer. It feels tight on the throat line and makes a sharp crease. My toe seems like its in the right place. I've included pics. Should I get a half size up (thus the right foot will be too big) or will this work itself out with wear? I can still take them back at this point. Thanks.
Left foot with crease from my metatarsal
Right foot perfect fitpost #42498 of 1224162/1/13 at 12:23pmpost #42499 of 1224162/1/13 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by AlpinaShe was a day tripper, a Sunday driver yeahIt took me so long to find out, and I found outDay tripperDay tripper yeah
Beautiful. Looks almost like those Ruby shells from Carmina.post #42500 of 1224162/1/13 at 12:43pmQuote:[quote name="Alcibiades" url="/t/85589/the-official-
alden-thread/42510#post_6099997"]IIRC, someone was looking for
ravello chukkas - Alden NYC just got a shipment in (I had 9.5E on
reserve and they called me to notify they had it - I don't need it
> patiently awaiting return email from Alden NYC, come on chukka come on chukkapost #42501 of 1224162/1/13 at 1:01pmpost #42502 of 1224162/1/13 at 1:03pmQuote:
NOT is missing there. They are fairly comfortable, but I guess single sole and being unlined doesn't give it the structure and base of the double leather sole and lined upper. Still very happy with them!post #42503 of 1224162/1/13 at 1:07pmQuote:
Try them out in the spring or summer with thin or no socks. You will appreciate the flex sole and the lack of a lining. It's a different kind of comfortpost #42504 of 1224162/1/13 at 1:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by poenaQuote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I've been wanting these from Jcrew but they are only available in the bisque color for my size I need 8.5
I normally wear 10D in the Barrie, but went with 10.5D in this shoe. They are definitely more narrow than other barrie lasted shoes I have. I bet you could go with a half size larger. I found these on ebay. They were new, never been worn, w/o box, and had a small brown smudge on the toe of the right shoe. I tried brushing it out and after spraying it with AE suede protector, I can't even notice it without looking very closely. For $190, this was easily my best Alden bargain. Good luck...post #42505 of 1224162/1/13 at 1:31pmI may unsubscribe from this thread. I mean come on, Uncle Mac, Sevenfold and some others were talking about how underrated black shell is and then I began to think . . . . Thinking is definitely bad. I purchased a pair of black medallion cap toes from Alden of Madison Ave today. I really need to stop reading this thread.post #42506 of 1224162/1/13 at 1:39pmQuote:
They emailed me back within 15 minutes. Anthony comes through again. He said they got them in this am and he has received 18 phone calls since this morning. Get em while there hot! They had my size and I am pumped what a way to start a weekend.post #42507 of 1224162/1/13 at 1:40pmpost #42508 of 1224162/1/13 at 1:43pmpost #42509 of 1224162/1/13 at 1:45pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 3 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 44 seconds ago
- › Help with identifying these ray bans 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.