I've been refraining this week, getting some wear out of my Allen Edmonds shell. GASP !
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 10:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2831post #42451 of 1224161/31/13 at 4:24pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #42452 of 1224161/31/13 at 4:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by El Argentino
Thank you both for the clarification. That's freaking amazing.
I've emailed TSM in the past to get their 2nds list, but to no avail - never a response nor 2nds emails. Would anyone care to forward me various listings, or would it be best to just try to call TSM directly?
I'm all about the 2nds.
I just wanted to note that some of them are seconds for very obvious reasons. I visited the store back in 2011 and the salesman pulled out a pair of whiskey LHS that had a gigantic black splotch on the toe, roughly the size of a quarter. He also pulled out a pair of color 8 NSTs that looked flawless to me. It is very hit or miss so I think the best policy for shopping seconds is to be flexible and very patient. Best of luck!post #42453 of 1224161/31/13 at 4:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by bruceposey
I've just started on "the path" with #8 PTB's. How would some of the more experienced aficionados and collectors on this forum suggest I proceed? Buy what's available as you go. Get the basics first. Order a particular shoe in a so-called "grail" colour and wait for the zombie apocalypse. Any suggestions at all would be great. First borns w/ Marcoliani cashmere socks
excellent choice sir, i think ptbs show shell beautifully. i have gone as far as putting 3 pairs of marcolianis in my virtual shopping cart, i haven't been brave enought to purchase. same with the color laces, i first saw them at the frans boone site. i am tempted to try an orange pair on cigar lwbs.
i got started on aldens a couple of years ago, i only regret the shoes i didn't buy. if you see something rare in your size, buy it, if you don't love it, one of us will buy it here or on the bay.post #42454 of 1224161/31/13 at 4:39pmpost #42455 of 1224161/31/13 at 5:23pmpost #42456 of 1224161/31/13 at 5:39pmpost #42457 of 1224161/31/13 at 5:45pmDoes anyone else get frustrated with find finding pieces of a make up they like but not the whole thing. If Alden had a EG style MTO program I'd be dead broke. If anyone has ever seen a six eyelet chukka (I know it's not technically a chukka) in ravello with antique edge trim please let me know. I guess if I had everything I wanted I couldn't dream anymore but I'm okay with that.post #42458 of 1224161/31/13 at 5:48pmpost #42459 of 1224161/31/13 at 6:02pmpost #42460 of 1224161/31/13 at 6:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by bespoken pa
Does anyone else get frustrated with find finding pieces of a make up they like but not the whole thing. If Alden had a EG style MTO program I'd be dead broke. If anyone has ever seen a six eyelet chukka (I know it's not technically a chukka) in ravello with antique edge trim please let me know. I guess if I had everything I wanted I couldn't dream anymore but I'm okay with that.
as you requestedpost #42461 of 1224161/31/13 at 6:58pmpost #42462 of 1224161/31/13 at 7:06pmUncle Mac, thank you. IMO those boots are king of all Aldens. So many questions as I am relatively new to the forum. When and where did you acquire those amazing boots? Have you ever posted a photo of your entire collection, perhaps NASA could allow the temporary use of a satellite to do so? Additionally is there a pair of Aldens that you don't have? If possible what is your #1 alden make up? Again thank you, you are an invaluable resource to all of us.post #42463 of 1224161/31/13 at 7:22pmpost #42464 of 1224161/31/13 at 7:34pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 31 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 9 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?