Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 5:49 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2815post #42211 of 1224161/29/13 at 11:21am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #42212 of 1224161/29/13 at 12:04pmwow, if anyone is crazy enough to sell his pair of the Jcrew ravello longwings size 8, let me know, i'll buy them!
Destroyed the crepe sole of mr Roy boots and looking to have them resoled. Either single leather midsole with chunky Goodyear commando halfsole (think Tricker's) or double leather soles with metal tip guard. any suggestions?post #42213 of 1224161/29/13 at 12:06pmpost #42214 of 1224161/29/13 at 12:11pmpost #42215 of 1224161/29/13 at 12:17pmpost #42216 of 1224161/29/13 at 12:36pmpost #42217 of 1224161/29/13 at 1:17pm
Alden DC still has a few of the Ravel lo LWB with the double waterlock sole in stock. Unsure of the sizes that remain (with the exception that I know they have no 11.5 and 12 and only have D widths), but its worth a call if you are looking. As far as i can tell it looks very similar to the J. Crew minus the eyelets. The display had a dark sole but when they were brought out they had the lighter edge trim and flex soles. Nice surprise.
Edit: Also meant to add that they still have the whiskey short wing bal and the very nice looking pebble LWB w commando soles on display.
And, a question. Kathy mentioned they are awaiting stock of black and #8 shell PTB's unlined with a single flex sole, and a few other places had done a makeup like this previously. Anyone have a makeup like this? Curious to know how they feel/fit/crease etc. Sounds intriguing.post #42218 of 1224161/29/13 at 2:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by REguy
I've got some Ravello sitting around that I'd like to get rid of, but I'm having second thoughts about returning the recent J. Crew version. The brass eyelets with the antique sole really creates an entirely different shoe than the dark sole. Although, how many pairs of brown longwings does a guy need (I think I already have 7)?
no rule of thumb; therefore, as many as you likepost #42219 of 1224161/29/13 at 2:23pmpost #42220 of 1224161/29/13 at 2:25pmpost #42221 of 1224161/29/13 at 2:34pmQuote:
your dress attire is above average. of course, in the old days you would be sent home with brown shoes except for saturday and sundaypost #42222 of 1224161/29/13 at 2:35pmpost #42223 of 1224161/29/13 at 2:36pmpost #42224 of 1224161/29/13 at 2:42pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 26 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › is it ok to wear short sleeve shirts? 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...