Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:36 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2795post #41911 of 1224161/25/13 at 6:49pmpost #41912 of 1224161/25/13 at 6:49pmpost #41913 of 1224161/25/13 at 7:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by jimney
So I gave Hunt Club Clothiers in Cincinnati a call after hearing that their clearance sale extended to Aldens (in this thread). They confirmed this and confirmed that they can ship orders, but sadly my size was out of stock and it would be a 14 week wait.
Just figured I'd let everyone know. Sale extends through the end of the month.
14 weeks?post #41914 of 1224161/25/13 at 8:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by onehotchiliLike other folks, I discovered Aldens after picking up some Indy Chromexl boots. Now I am in the market for some Color #8 cordovan shoes to go with a dark navy suit.So far I have my eye on some commando sole offerings from AoC. I am looking at the commando sole versions because I live in the Sierra mountains and deal with 5+ months of snow per year.So…. if you were to pick just one, LWB version-or-"regular" wing tip?
I had my eye on the AF80 (shortwing) a while back but wasn't sure about going with the commando sole. By the time I made up my mind, my size was gone. I regret not pulling the trigger for a wet weather shoe. I'd go with the short wingtip. (but that's partly bc I already have the LWB in color 8)post #41915 of 1224161/25/13 at 8:42pmpost #41916 of 1224161/25/13 at 9:14pmpost #41917 of 1224161/25/13 at 9:37pmpost #41918 of 1224161/25/13 at 11:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by onehotchili
Like other folks, I discovered Aldens after picking up some Indy Chromexl boots. Now I am in the market for some Color #8 cordovan shoes to go with a dark navy suit.
So far I have my eye on some commando sole offerings from AoC. I am looking at the commando sole versions because I live in the Sierra mountains and deal with 5+ months of snow per year.
So…. if you were to pick just one, LWB version
"regular" wing tip?
Go with AF80 if your primary use is with a suit.post #41919 of 1224161/26/13 at 5:17ampost #41920 of 1224161/26/13 at 6:21ampost #41921 of 1224161/26/13 at 7:03ampost #41922 of 1224161/26/13 at 7:07amQuote:I bought these at Alden DC this past summer.Originally Posted by static age
Great shoes, currently searching for this makeup. I'm likely way late, but where did you find them?
Is anyone aware of retailers stocking cigar NST, even in other last/sole combinations? TSM does not have my size (9D) in their Barrie offering.
Thank you, and any guidance is well appreciated.
Taking better photos of my shoes is the only good reason I can think of currently for upgrading my iPhone.post #41923 of 1224161/26/13 at 8:24amQuote:Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy
BNelson Shoes and owner Nick get quite alot of mention on this thread, and it is deserved. I have had some back and forth with him lately inquiring of Dainite and Commando soles.
For a leather to Dainite sole job, the cost, I am told, is:
"It's $155.00 to convert w/a single sole.
Add $30.00 for a double sole."
For a leather to "commando" sole job, the cost, I am told, is:
"Convert w/a single sole $155.00
With a mid-sole add $30.00"
And BNelson's commando version is found here:
Nick did not ask me to do this, but I figure it will save you, and him, some time on the phone/email.
Can I assume any Alden shoe with crepe or commando could easily be resoled to double leather or water lock double leather ?post #41924 of 1224161/26/13 at 8:30ampost #41925 of 1224161/26/13 at 8:56amQuote:
I have the 401 and its not CXLbut I actually prefer that it's not. I have CXL shoes and boot and love th but I also like that this particular pair is not
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 9 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...