Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 12:47 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2795post #41911 of 1224161/25/13 at 6:49pmpost #41912 of 1224161/25/13 at 6:49pmpost #41913 of 1224161/25/13 at 7:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by jimney
So I gave Hunt Club Clothiers in Cincinnati a call after hearing that their clearance sale extended to Aldens (in this thread). They confirmed this and confirmed that they can ship orders, but sadly my size was out of stock and it would be a 14 week wait.
Just figured I'd let everyone know. Sale extends through the end of the month.
14 weeks?post #41914 of 1224161/25/13 at 8:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by onehotchiliLike other folks, I discovered Aldens after picking up some Indy Chromexl boots. Now I am in the market for some Color #8 cordovan shoes to go with a dark navy suit.So far I have my eye on some commando sole offerings from AoC. I am looking at the commando sole versions because I live in the Sierra mountains and deal with 5+ months of snow per year.So…. if you were to pick just one, LWB version-or-"regular" wing tip?
I had my eye on the AF80 (shortwing) a while back but wasn't sure about going with the commando sole. By the time I made up my mind, my size was gone. I regret not pulling the trigger for a wet weather shoe. I'd go with the short wingtip. (but that's partly bc I already have the LWB in color 8)post #41915 of 1224161/25/13 at 8:42pmpost #41916 of 1224161/25/13 at 9:14pmpost #41917 of 1224161/25/13 at 9:37pmpost #41918 of 1224161/25/13 at 11:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by onehotchili
Like other folks, I discovered Aldens after picking up some Indy Chromexl boots. Now I am in the market for some Color #8 cordovan shoes to go with a dark navy suit.
So far I have my eye on some commando sole offerings from AoC. I am looking at the commando sole versions because I live in the Sierra mountains and deal with 5+ months of snow per year.
So…. if you were to pick just one, LWB version
"regular" wing tip?
Go with AF80 if your primary use is with a suit.post #41919 of 1224161/26/13 at 5:17ampost #41920 of 1224161/26/13 at 6:21ampost #41921 of 1224161/26/13 at 7:03ampost #41922 of 1224161/26/13 at 7:07amQuote:I bought these at Alden DC this past summer.Originally Posted by static age
Great shoes, currently searching for this makeup. I'm likely way late, but where did you find them?
Is anyone aware of retailers stocking cigar NST, even in other last/sole combinations? TSM does not have my size (9D) in their Barrie offering.
Thank you, and any guidance is well appreciated.
Taking better photos of my shoes is the only good reason I can think of currently for upgrading my iPhone.post #41923 of 1224161/26/13 at 8:24amQuote:Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy
BNelson Shoes and owner Nick get quite alot of mention on this thread, and it is deserved. I have had some back and forth with him lately inquiring of Dainite and Commando soles.
For a leather to Dainite sole job, the cost, I am told, is:
"It's $155.00 to convert w/a single sole.
Add $30.00 for a double sole."
For a leather to "commando" sole job, the cost, I am told, is:
"Convert w/a single sole $155.00
With a mid-sole add $30.00"
And BNelson's commando version is found here:
Nick did not ask me to do this, but I figure it will save you, and him, some time on the phone/email.
Can I assume any Alden shoe with crepe or commando could easily be resoled to double leather or water lock double leather ?post #41924 of 1224161/26/13 at 8:30ampost #41925 of 1224161/26/13 at 8:56amQuote:
I have the 401 and its not CXLbut I actually prefer that it's not. I have CXL shoes and boot and love th but I also like that this particular pair is not
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 7 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 7 minutes ago
- › How long should raw denim last? 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 8 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 9 minutes ago
- › Online Second Hand Marketplaces in South Korea and Taiwan 16 minutes ago
- › THE Classic Ivy Summer Shoe--White Bucks! 9.5D. FREE SHIPPING &... 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding