Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 6:05 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2795post #41911 of 1224161/25/13 at 6:49pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41912 of 1224161/25/13 at 6:49pmpost #41913 of 1224161/25/13 at 7:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by jimney
So I gave Hunt Club Clothiers in Cincinnati a call after hearing that their clearance sale extended to Aldens (in this thread). They confirmed this and confirmed that they can ship orders, but sadly my size was out of stock and it would be a 14 week wait.
Just figured I'd let everyone know. Sale extends through the end of the month.
14 weeks?post #41914 of 1224161/25/13 at 8:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by onehotchiliLike other folks, I discovered Aldens after picking up some Indy Chromexl boots. Now I am in the market for some Color #8 cordovan shoes to go with a dark navy suit.So far I have my eye on some commando sole offerings from AoC. I am looking at the commando sole versions because I live in the Sierra mountains and deal with 5+ months of snow per year.So…. if you were to pick just one, LWB version-or-"regular" wing tip?
I had my eye on the AF80 (shortwing) a while back but wasn't sure about going with the commando sole. By the time I made up my mind, my size was gone. I regret not pulling the trigger for a wet weather shoe. I'd go with the short wingtip. (but that's partly bc I already have the LWB in color 8)post #41915 of 1224161/25/13 at 8:42pmpost #41916 of 1224161/25/13 at 9:14pmpost #41917 of 1224161/25/13 at 9:37pmpost #41918 of 1224161/25/13 at 11:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by onehotchili
Like other folks, I discovered Aldens after picking up some Indy Chromexl boots. Now I am in the market for some Color #8 cordovan shoes to go with a dark navy suit.
So far I have my eye on some commando sole offerings from AoC. I am looking at the commando sole versions because I live in the Sierra mountains and deal with 5+ months of snow per year.
So…. if you were to pick just one, LWB version
"regular" wing tip?
Go with AF80 if your primary use is with a suit.post #41919 of 1224161/26/13 at 5:17ampost #41920 of 1224161/26/13 at 6:21ampost #41921 of 1224161/26/13 at 7:03ampost #41922 of 1224161/26/13 at 7:07amQuote:I bought these at Alden DC this past summer.Originally Posted by static age
Great shoes, currently searching for this makeup. I'm likely way late, but where did you find them?
Is anyone aware of retailers stocking cigar NST, even in other last/sole combinations? TSM does not have my size (9D) in their Barrie offering.
Thank you, and any guidance is well appreciated.
Taking better photos of my shoes is the only good reason I can think of currently for upgrading my iPhone.post #41923 of 1224161/26/13 at 8:24amQuote:Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy
BNelson Shoes and owner Nick get quite alot of mention on this thread, and it is deserved. I have had some back and forth with him lately inquiring of Dainite and Commando soles.
For a leather to Dainite sole job, the cost, I am told, is:
"It's $155.00 to convert w/a single sole.
Add $30.00 for a double sole."
For a leather to "commando" sole job, the cost, I am told, is:
"Convert w/a single sole $155.00
With a mid-sole add $30.00"
And BNelson's commando version is found here:
Nick did not ask me to do this, but I figure it will save you, and him, some time on the phone/email.
Can I assume any Alden shoe with crepe or commando could easily be resoled to double leather or water lock double leather ?post #41924 of 1224161/26/13 at 8:30ampost #41925 of 1224161/26/13 at 8:56amQuote:
I have the 401 and its not CXLbut I actually prefer that it's not. I have CXL shoes and boot and love th but I also like that this particular pair is not
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 2 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Andres Sendra apprecitation thread 5 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...