Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 6:23 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2762
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41417 of 1224161/20/13 at 2:30pmpost #41418 of 1224161/20/13 at 2:36pmpost #41419 of 1224161/20/13 at 2:38pmpost #41420 of 1224161/20/13 at 2:44pmpost #41421 of 1224161/20/13 at 2:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by blue collar
I'm pretty sure alot of the horse butts come from up here in Canada and not so much France. It's leagal to sell horse meat up here (as far as I know).
I've also heard that the horses are not slimply used just for the shell; that they are old work horses that die of old age/sickness... afaik
A couple of years ago, I asked Nick at Horween about Shell leather - he said that the leather they use is a byproduct of the food industry - so, no, they aren't using the leather from horses that have simply died of old age or sicknesspost #41422 of 1224161/20/13 at 2:59pmpost #41423 of 1224161/20/13 at 3:11pmQuote:
Rancourts provide more arch support than Quoddys - I have a pair of each and find the Rancourts more comfortable
Both make nice looking, quality boat shoespost #41424 of 1224161/20/13 at 3:19pmQuote:
Have a cobbler do it or do it yourself with coarse sandpaper. I have removed dark edging before, but not on 8 chukkas.post #41425 of 1224161/20/13 at 3:28pmQuote:
Go ahead and post!
Also, do you use shoe trees?
Finally, I like the suggestion of wearing something stiff over the tendon the crease bites into. I also find if you move more vigorously (I'm not saying play a game of football, but maybe some brisk walking/turning) the break in procedure can accelerate due to the increased pressures/forces on the shoe).post #41426 of 1224161/20/13 at 3:34pmpost #41427 of 1224161/20/13 at 4:01pmpost #41428 of 1224161/20/13 at 4:14pmpost #41429 of 1224161/20/13 at 4:21pmpost #41430 of 1224161/20/13 at 4:38pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 27 seconds ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.