Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 7:12 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2755post #41311 of 1224161/18/13 at 7:24pmpost #41312 of 1224161/18/13 at 7:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by MickCollins1916
I posted a few weeks back about getting a pair of black shell NST loafers on the Grant last. I actually got two pairs (one black, one #8 w/o the NST), same size, and they fit differently. That's Alden for ya. I returned the black ones, and decided to follow Uncle Mac's suggestion to grab some tassels to wear to work.
Well. I was psyched to find a pair in my size at Shoemart. They arrived today. I tried them on and looked down and thought, hmm, something looks off. The stitching on each shoe didn't look identical - the stitching atop the shoe on my left foot looked farther from the welt than that on the right shoe. So, I measured. The measurement from the top of the welt to the outside of the stitching on the top of the left shoe: 2 1/4 inches; the same measurement on the right shoe: 2 inches. Argh. It's only a quarter inch, but I noticed. Am I being too exacting here? For full retail, I'd like the shoes to be perfect (or at least as close to perfect as Alden ever gets).
I think I am simply destined not to have a black shell loafer that fits, which irks me.
i would return and ask for exchange, if not possible when they make there next order would they include your size
Edited by mcarthur - 1/18/13 at 7:57pmpost #41313 of 1224161/18/13 at 7:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Burton
So a good few pages back we debated whether these are palza or tremont. Well, I thought the only way to settle the debate was buy a pair. Thanks to the good folks at Pelle LIne you can now the see the Alden Shell Cordovan Wing Tip - 96080 - Dark Burgundy in the wild.
Definitely Plaza last and definitely in need of a little Mac method care.
i like your wt, wear in good health, the alden model is on the tremont last, model #974post #41314 of 1224161/18/13 at 7:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by evolved
I've got a sizing question.......if I'm a size 11B on a Brannock Device (and 11B in Allen Edmonds 5 last), how does that translate into the various Alden lasts? I know that narrows are few and far between, and from what I've read it's smart to size down .5 in most cases. Is this accurate?
Size down 1/2 for Barrie and Truebalance. Otherwise TTS for most Alden lasts. Good luck.Quote:
I like Quoddy for boat shoes. I'm getting ready to order a pair myself. PM me if you have more questions.
Edited by PhiPsi32 - 1/18/13 at 9:00pmpost #41315 of 1224161/18/13 at 8:41pmpost #41316 of 1224161/18/13 at 8:50pmQuote:
don't own a pair yet (only the SF oxford), but my next pair of boats will be from oakstreetpost #41317 of 1224161/18/13 at 8:55pmpost #41318 of 1224161/18/13 at 9:00pmpost #41319 of 1224161/18/13 at 9:01pmpost #41320 of 1224161/18/13 at 9:15pmpost #41321 of 1224161/18/13 at 9:23pmpost #41322 of 1224161/18/13 at 9:30pmQuote:
I would think it's fine. Sometimes it's just how the hide is - whether identifying that an not utilizing the hide in the first place is another question.
But, as always, if it bothers you enough, return them.post #41323 of 1224161/18/13 at 9:31pmpost #41324 of 1224161/18/13 at 9:35pm
As follows, I wouldn't worry about it. CXL is a very soft, supple leather. It will pick up creases or the leather will "roll" at stress points. CXL also picks up scuffs very easily, but you can brush and buff them out easily too. It goes with the territory so to speak. Consider hitting it with some Venetian shoe cream. It can't hurt.Quote:Originally Posted by Hermitedge
Is creasing like this on CXL normal prior to actual wear? Will it balance itself out or its the usual Alden QC issue?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:post #41325 of 1224161/18/13 at 9:41pmQuote:
These are a speacial make up for Pelle LIne - notice the punches in the heel counter. I know the standard model is tremon, but these are plaza. I will take more photos tomorrow.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 4 minutes ago
- › Help Me Find To Buy Vogue Sunglasses 4 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 11 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 19 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 21 minutes ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 22 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding