It should be bordering 4 - 5% if I remember correctly, in february.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 9:13 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2701post #40501 of 1224161/6/13 at 6:25pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #40502 of 1224161/6/13 at 6:35pmpost #40503 of 1224161/6/13 at 6:35pmpost #40504 of 1224161/6/13 at 6:40pmpost #40505 of 1224161/6/13 at 6:40pmpost #40506 of 1224161/6/13 at 6:48pmpost #40507 of 1224161/6/13 at 6:52pmpost #40508 of 1224161/6/13 at 8:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by lilb837
Thanks! Is there a difference in the care of cordovan vs. calf leather shoes? I notice that most Alden shoes are made of cordovan. The cleaning methods that I've googled (such as the Mac Method) and the waxes I've looked up only mention care for cordovan. Is there a difference for the care of calf leather shoes?
Yes - a difference in product, method, and frequency.
Thank you. Can someone please refer me a method for cleaning calf leather shoes (the Mac Method equivalent for calf perhaps)?post #40509 of 1224161/6/13 at 9:33pm
Apologies for jumping into the deep end of the pool on my first post, but I need* a PTB in Ravello and can't seem to find them for sale anywhere [measured a perfect 9.5 Barrie at Alden DC].
I've read the faq, checked the classifieds, and sent a few e-mails over last month: nothing.
Any ideas? If you know of some in stock please reply or PM.
*Need: I'm a Naval Officer and these shoes would be a nice replacement for heinous Bates materiel we are typically offered. Moving to Japan in the summer, and would really like to have these in my sea bag before I leave to avoid the pain of FPO/APO shipping.
**Bonus for commando sole, or weatherloc. These would be the ideal: Leffotspost #40510 of 1224161/7/13 at 12:44ampost #40511 of 1224161/7/13 at 1:23ampost #40512 of 1224161/7/13 at 4:07ampost #40513 of 1224161/7/13 at 5:06ampost #40514 of 1224161/7/13 at 5:51ampost #40515 of 1224161/7/13 at 6:01am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 6 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 10 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...