Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 7:04 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2697post #40442 of 1224161/5/13 at 6:29pmpost #40443 of 1224161/5/13 at 6:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by lilb837
I just purchased my first pair of Aldens (http://www.unionmadegoods.com/Alden_Coleman_Chukka_in_Cognac_Soft_Calf_14674_7982.html) along with the cedar shoe trees.
How does one care for Aldens to preserve their look and make sure their quality lasts? I'm not very familiar with shoe care. This is my first pair of shoes that I plan on caring for regularly. What type of paste and brush do I purchase for this pair of shoes and what is the process of applying the paste and brush to care for them?
I appreciate the help!
welcome to the forum
google-mac methodpost #40444 of 1224161/5/13 at 6:34pmpost #40445 of 1224161/5/13 at 6:36pmpost #40446 of 1224161/5/13 at 6:46pmpost #40447 of 1224161/5/13 at 7:33pmpost #40448 of 1224161/5/13 at 7:59pmpost #40449 of 1224161/5/13 at 10:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwoodQuote:Originally Posted by Bakes11771
I know that it is impossible for anyone to advise me on sizing over the internet, but I am curious to hear about other's experience with the Hampton (Style 9015 & 9016).
I have "normal" feet, except for a slightly narrow heel. I am 9C in Barrie, Van and Aberdeen. 9.5D in Gucci Loafers, Rancourt Blake, Rancourt Boat, Sneakers, Timberlands, ect.
Was thinking I would be a 9.5D on the Hampton. Also thought maybe I would buy 9.5D and 9.5E and exchange whichever doesn't fit.
Any input greatly appreciated.
(Maybe it would be best to just go to Alden NY and try them on, I just feel bad because I would prefer to buy them from SF and have them shipped to my PA address to avoid sales tax. Does Alden SF ship for free?)
You wear the same size in Barrie and Aberdeen? My thought is that Hampton runs pretty TTS. I have an 11E in it which seems to fit well vs 10.5E or 11D Barrie. But then I would also wear 11E Aberdeen.
Alden SF does not charge for shipping based on a recent order from them.
Is the style on the Hampton that you are interested in only available from SF or NY? If not and you want to try on before you buy, call Sherman Brothers in Philadelphia to see if they have the style and size in stock. There are three locations in the Philadelphia area, so they may be able to accommodate, particularly in a D width. Then you can try on and buy without sales tax and without feeling as if you are just using them for a fitting. They ship for free too, incidentally. And I believe their in-store pricing is a little lower than what they show online. May be wrong about that. I seem to recall seeing different prices on the bottoms of the display shoes the times I've visited their Center City location. And then go to Oyster House, in the same block, after you've bought the shoes and have a very nice meal.
Couldn't agree more... I bought a pair of color 8 LWB for 25% off and had a fabulous lunch at the Oyster House. I even went back for dinner the next night! What a treat...post #40450 of 1224161/5/13 at 10:11pm
Question for our more senior members -- I've never actually seen a shell #4 in person, but occasionally see pictures of it here on the forum. Can someone provide a bit of background about this seemingly mysterious color, and do people believe Revello will become the next #4? Thanks.post #40451 of 1224161/5/13 at 10:12pm
I tried posting this in the Viberg thread but received no response. Does anyone here own anything on their 2030 last? How does it compare with Tru-Balance, Modified or Barrie? I usually go with my Brannock-measured size in E for those lasts, or half-a-size-up from that in D (feels pretty much identical to me).post #40452 of 1224161/5/13 at 10:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by misterjuiceman
I tried posting this in the Viberg thread but received no response. Does anyone here own anything on their 2030 last? How does it compare with Tru-Balance, Modified or Barrie? I usually go with my Brannock-measured size in E for those lasts, or half-a-size-up from that in D (feels pretty much identical to me).
I'm going to the Viberg factory, maybe later this month to figure that out. I'll let you know what I find out.post #40453 of 1224161/5/13 at 10:18pmpost #40454 of 1224161/5/13 at 10:19pmpost #40455 of 1224161/5/13 at 10:29pmQuote:
Will do. Alden question: after seeing those awesome black shell plaintoes in this thread, anyone know anyone selling plain-toe black shell Aldens on the barrie last?
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Naples Tailors - seeking any experience or advice ? 44 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 11 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 13 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 21 minutes ago
- › FS: Brooks Brothers 100% Silk Reversible Bowtie BNWT Made in USA 21 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap : St. Crispin's + Carmina NIB Shoe Sample Sale // Creed... 22 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Cambridge Burgundy Shell Cordovan 9.5 3E (MTO/SMU) 23 minutes ago
- › NIB G&G Antibes for RL dark oak - 10.5D 23 minutes ago
- › Vass black captoes EU42 (F-last) BNIB 23 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding