Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:38 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2670post #40036 of 12241612/31/12 at 7:15am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #40037 of 12241612/31/12 at 7:18ampost #40038 of 12241612/31/12 at 7:20amQuote:
I chuckled as I read this.
But in all seriousness, there is no cross-examination intended (in spite of the lawyer inside me); rather, an honest inquiry. And I rather like the Aberdeen, too.
Happy New Year to one and all.post #40039 of 12241612/31/12 at 7:29ampost #40040 of 12241612/31/12 at 7:37amQuote:
Going up a width does take away some of the sleekness of the Tremont last... I find that Grant and Aberdeen have more of a tapered look in E than Tremont, which is a plus for those styles. Nevertheless I still like my whiskey balmoral wingtips in 10E.post #40041 of 12241612/31/12 at 8:14amQuote:Originally Posted by AlcibiadesQuote:
Going up a width does take away some of the sleekness of the Tremont last... I find that Grant and Aberdeen have more of a tapered look in E than Tremont, which is a plus for those styles. Nevertheless I still like my whiskey balmoral wingtips in 10E.
What do you wear in Barrie? 9.5D?post #40042 of 12241612/31/12 at 8:17ampost #40043 of 12241612/31/12 at 8:19amQuote:
+1 for the Aberdeen. And +1 for people asking and answering questions in this thread politely. It makes it so much more enjoyable to read. Definitely not the case in some of the other few threads I browse. Happy New Year to all.
My Cigar NSTs from Alden DC. I went with 11.5D instead of 11E, since that's what they had in stock.post #40044 of 12241612/31/12 at 8:48ampost #40045 of 12241612/31/12 at 8:50ampost #40046 of 12241612/31/12 at 9:24ampost #40047 of 12241612/31/12 at 9:29amQuote:Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy
I assume this also includes the TB last. If so, this is terrifically rare. Now if we only had Mac's feet we wouldn't have to care about lasts.
Mac: You have posted before about the Aberdeen last and that you thought it - above all others - was a difficult fitting last (I'm paraphrasing but think I have it right). I'm curious as to why you think this?
the narrowness of the toe box i.e. widthpost #40048 of 12241612/31/12 at 9:34ampost #40049 of 12241612/31/12 at 9:40am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Currently, there are 1142 Active Users (197 Members and 945 Guests)
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 10 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Tailor in London for a classic navy three piece wedding suit 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 12 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › Adidas Horween Veg Tanned Leather Stan Smith 10.5 New 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.