Stunning, Uncle. Monks with split toe make for an interesting make up. Great day for ravello (awesome shine)!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2662post #39916 of 12241612/28/12 at 10:26ampost #39917 of 12241612/28/12 at 12:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by MickCollins1916
I have an extremely high instep and have had tons of trouble over the years finding Alden loafers that fit. My NST loafers on the Grant last from Madison Ave accomodate my high instep and fit beautifully. These shoes don't seem to get a lot of love on the forum - I get the sense people have strong feelings about the split toe aspect - but they have been my favorites among the many Aldens I own for a few years running. The Alden Shop on Madison Ave also sells a similar loafer without the split toe on the Grant...which is one whose arrival in my size I am anxiously waiting on. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These look great. I was unaware they made these on the Grant, despite browsing the Alden Madison website on occasion and buying in-store there. I really like the Alden split toe, in fact, and will seriously consider a pair of these in #8 should the opportunity arise. Thanks for posting these and enjoy wearing.post #39918 of 12241612/28/12 at 2:09pmQuote:Quote:
And, I believe I saw it at Alden DC about a month ago. They are beauties!post #39919 of 12241612/28/12 at 2:22pmpost #39920 of 12241612/28/12 at 2:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by interlockingnyQuote:
IIRC, it was one of the special makeups that LeatherSoul did with Alden to celebrate the opening of their Beverly Hills location. Hampton last. It's a nice makeup.
http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2010/05/28/alden-shoes-two-new-nsts-for-lsbh/post #39921 of 12241612/28/12 at 2:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy
I'm new to this forum and trying to decide on my 1st pair of Alden's. It's between the Color 8 Longwing w/commando sole and the Cigar shell Longwing w/leather sole. I'm going to be primarily wearing them with jeans and dress casual. I work from home and rarely need to wear a suit or "dress up". I don't think I can go wrong with either, but I'm leaning towards the Color 8 because of the commando sole. I would appreciate anyone's input. What are your thoughts?
Color 8 is the most versatile of the shell colors, IMO.
The commando sole is more casual then a double leather sole.
The cigar version is more rare in terms of availability.
Generally speaking, cigar is more casual than color 8.
While a color 8 LWB on a double leather sole is nearly always available, that is not the case with a commando sole, making this model somewhat rare.
It's a close call.
Clear as mud?
I'll just leave these here:
Shoemart Cigar LWB.
Choose wisely.post #39922 of 12241612/28/12 at 3:04pmpost #39923 of 12241612/28/12 at 3:07pmpost #39924 of 12241612/28/12 at 3:32pmpost #39925 of 12241612/28/12 at 3:41pmQuote:
^^ This is correct - apologies for my misinformation above. There is a blogger I know in the DC area and I thought he picked his up in DC. I went back and read his post - definitely LSBH. IIRC Alden has done the same NST / Monk in color 8. But I can't find that now. I believe when LS did these there were no internet and no phone orders.post #39926 of 12241612/28/12 at 4:33pmLong time lurker, first time poster (very thankful for all the helpful posts in this thread. I picked up a pair of Unionmade Alden Ravello Cap Toe boots. Wanted to make this a move versatile boot so I decided to get them re-soled (JR soles) with antique edging. My goal was to have them look similar to the Tassels anniversary boot from a few years back. Happy new year to all!
Edited by dslonghorn4 - 12/29/12 at 10:17ampost #39927 of 12241612/28/12 at 5:26pmpost #39928 of 12241612/28/12 at 5:42pmpost #39929 of 12241612/28/12 at 5:45pmQuote:
Thanks, if you can grab one, I highly suggest doing so. They are supremely comfortable for me. The Grant last is underrated IMO.Quote:
Thanks, Uncle. Palm trees suit me just fine!
Looking good in ravello, Uncle. Leather Soul always does it right. I really dig this particular creation.Quote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
These look great. I was unaware they made these on the Grant, despite browsing the Alden Madison website on occasion and buying in-store there. I really like the Alden split toe, in fact, and will seriously consider a pair of these in #8 should the opportunity arise. Thanks for posting these and enjoy wearing.
Thanks for the compliment, and I definitely enjoy these guys. Actually, this string reminded me to call Alden NYC to see if my size came in for the identical shoe in black, as well as in the same loafer minus the split toe in #8. They had them, and now both are en route to my house. Very psyched!post #39930 of 12241612/28/12 at 5:56pm
Thank you, sir. Hunter (not sure what RL actually calls it, it's currently sold out on their website) the flash makes it look kind of minty. I have the same sweater in "heather green" (minty) as well as several other colors.
Edited by Bakes11771 - 12/28/12 at 6:08pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Fashion Week Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Walnut 5th Avenue in 97 last 9 minutes ago
- › Price Drop! NWOT Sartoria Partenopea Navy Solid Double Breasted... 15 minutes ago
- › 2017 50 Book Challenge 22 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 24 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 26 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 26 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 31 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 32 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...