Unless you live in Hawaii or you're a valued customer, you may be waiting a really long time to get a pair in cigar.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:38 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2645
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39662 of 12241612/22/12 at 8:46ampost #39663 of 12241612/22/12 at 8:55am
I've struggled with suede Indy boots. I have purchase two of them and sold them both. When it comes to suede I prefer Alden's other offerings (unlined chukka, unlined PTB, longwings, loafers, etc). The best suede Indy I have seen is Leffot's navy version. Not a big fan of the tan versionpost #39664 of 12241612/22/12 at 8:56ampost #39665 of 12241612/22/12 at 9:12amQuote:
I'm also not a fan of the Pitt boot. I like the plain toe for bluchers, but not for boots. The only exception being the Milkman Boot. Someone please bring this back!post #39666 of 12241612/22/12 at 9:15amQuote:
I think this is a style that I appreciate, but I'd prefer something like a chukka or penny loafer in such a light brown suede, since that suggests spring or summer to me. It's a nice boot though, and I'm sure (1) they would look great with chinos and denim, and (2) I'd compliment them if they were posted here.post #39667 of 12241612/22/12 at 9:24amQuote:Originally Posted by Papa Doble
I think this is a style that I appreciate, but I'd prefer something like a chukka or penny loafer in such a light brown suede, since that suggests spring or summer to me. It's a nice boot though, and I'm sure (1) they would look great with chinos and denim, and (2) I'd compliment them if they were posted here.
You have to remember this is Texas we wear boots year round... LoL so I will wear then this spring for surepost #39668 of 12241612/22/12 at 9:28ampost #39669 of 12241612/22/12 at 10:10amI completed lots of cleaning this weekend. The snuff suede had a food oil stain which I removed by placing the shoe in a plastic bag and then draping a hot towel over it to heat it up before finally rubbing in baby powder to the stain. I repeated 2x and then washed with Saphir Omninettoyant. The blue shoes I trashed on a night out in Vegas and made worse the next morning by drunkenly trying to clean them with a wet hotel towel. I took them to a cobbler for a professional cleaning but he inflicted even more damage by simply spraying over the stained area with blue suede spray . After a wash with Omninettoyant they look almost as good as new. Finally I sealed both with Allen Edmonds suede waterproofer. I'm very happy with how both pairs of shoes turned out.
Do you guys store unlined shoes with shoe trees? I'm concerned that the shoe trees stretch the relative soft unlined suede when used for prolonged storage. I added Superfeet insoles to snuff shoes and the insoles + shoe trees creates a tight fit in the vamp.post #39670 of 12241612/22/12 at 10:22ampost #39671 of 12241612/22/12 at 10:35amBaby powder contains cornstarch which is super absorbant. Heating the stain first makes the oil easier to manipulate, hopefully encouraging transfer from the shoe to the baby powder. I very lightly rubbed the baby powder into the stain with my finger and let it sit for 24 hours before brushing it off.post #39672 of 12241612/22/12 at 10:48ampost #39673 of 12241612/22/12 at 11:00ampost #39674 of 12241612/22/12 at 11:21ampost #39675 of 12241612/22/12 at 12:00pmQuote:
These look even better in your pics than they do on the LS website. I dig them.
I also like the Sand Suede Indys with Red Brick sole. I wouldn't wear them myself, because indys aren't my style, but I like the way the red brick looks with the sand suede. Also, I would be too anal about keeping them clean.
Nice work on fixing up those suede shoes, P Bateman. I am amazed at your level of success. Will be sure to send you any stained suede shoes that I have in the future.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 8 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 10 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Rudy pants size 32 navy and charcoal gray (unworn) 16 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 18 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 26 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 32 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 41 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 42 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.