Agreed. Alden of DC also does a great job.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 12:34 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2606post #39077 of 12241612/10/12 at 10:25pm
Probably asked a million times but what is the main difference between the Indy 403 and 405?
I am looking in purchasing boots this winter and having a hard time distinguishing the difference between the two. And how to size.
Also to anyone who owns these boots would you recommend black or brown?post #39078 of 12241612/10/12 at 11:28pm
Anyone's shell plain toe bluchers fit differently than their shell longwing bluchers? My plain toes on barrie feel significantly tighter in the vamp and toe box (but heel fits the same) than my longwings on barrie, even in the same color shell and in the same shipment received by the retailer from Alden. Just wondering if this is common or a fluke as I'm about to order another shell plain toe and would like to know if I should half-size up.post #39079 of 12241612/10/12 at 11:47pmpost #39080 of 12241612/11/12 at 3:39amQuote:
You are going to have to call them or go to one of their stores. They have this sale every year around Christmas, along with their trunk shows that are happening this Thurs, Fri, and Saturday at each of their locations (one location each day). I shop there frequently so I got a postcard in the mail telling me about it.
15% off is pretty good, not to mention that their shoes in store are about 10% cheaper than their prices online all the time. A little bonus for living where I do.post #39081 of 12241612/11/12 at 3:49am
Cross-posting from Epaulet thread.
Natural Indy's maiden journey. These are my first pair of quality boots, and they are kick-ass (who am I trying to impress though, lol). I'm a comfortable 9D in Barrie, and these are perfect in the same size with some heavier socks. They turned out to behave not so well on slippery hard snow, but very well everywhere else I've been today.
With indoor lighting:post #39082 of 12241612/11/12 at 3:57amQuote:
I've had the exact opposite experience with crepe on wet concrete or wet tile. I have found that Aldens on the crepe sole have a lot of traction on wet surfaces. Much more than my Tricker's on Danite soles and right up there with my comando soled shoes and boots. I have some Ducky Brown Florsheim bucks on crepe sole and while they are comfortable, they are a bit slicker than my Aldens. The crepe that Alden uses seems stickier.post #39083 of 12241612/11/12 at 4:11ampost #39084 of 12241612/11/12 at 5:29amQuote:Yeah this is the crux of it. Honestly though? I kind of feel like I've gotten away with something when I go to an Alden store I've never gone to before and may never again and snag an incredibly in-demand pair of shoes. Doesn't really make much sense that I'm able to do that, but I'm pretty happy I got away with it until now.Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
It must be nice to sell a product that will sell out regardless of how you treat your customers. Would I shop there again? Sure, if they had something I really wanted... but if it came down to purchasing from somewhere else over them, I wouldn't even have to think twice about purchasing somewhere else. I just hope there is nothing wrong with them, I loathe to imagine engaging in any customer service issue with them. /end rant
Like I definitely feel a slight sense of obligation towards CitiShoes, Alden of Madison, and ShoeMart for getting me my whiskey, ravello, and cigar shoes so if I ever do purchase, say, an unlined chukka or patent leather bals, I'm going to do it through one of them.post #39085 of 12241612/11/12 at 6:07amQuote:Originally Posted by ThArtOfWardrobe
Anyone's shell plain toe bluchers fit differently than their shell longwing bluchers? My plain toes on barrie feel significantly tighter in the vamp and toe box (but heel fits the same) than my longwings on barrie, even in the same color shell and in the same shipment received by the retailer from Alden. Just wondering if this is common or a fluke as I'm about to order another shell plain toe and would like to know if I should half-size up.
I'm a measured 11D with a slightly high volume/high instep foot. I size down by 1/2 in Barrie shoes but when I bight the J Crew shell cap toe boots I had to go TTS. The 1/2 size down was too snug.post #39086 of 12241612/11/12 at 7:07amQuote:Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
maybe i'm being a needy customer but i'm a bit irked at the lack of service from Alden of SF. I ordered the Ravello LWB on Saturday evening. After somebody suggesting they came with dark trim, I e-mailed them to ask about the trim. I asked if they could send a picture. The response I got was "It's antique trim. I can't send a picture." Okay? You don't have a smartphone? Whatever, fine. I thanked them for verifying and told them no picture was necessary. I informed them I would be leaving for Sweden in 10 days and wanted to know when I could expect them to ship. The response was: "You'll receive a confirmation sometime later today." Later today I received an e-mail from "UPS Quantum View," the automated UPS shipping notification. No e-mail from Alden of SF. No "Thank you for your order." No "Don't worry, we'll take care of it." It must be nice to sell a product that will sell out regardless of how you treat your customers. Would I shop there again? Sure, if they had something I really wanted... but if it came down to purchasing from somewhere else over them, I wouldn't even have to think twice about purchasing somewhere else. I just hope there is nothing wrong with them, I loathe to imagine engaging in any customer service issue with them. /end rant
FWIW, I have had excellent customer service from Alden SF. Call and ask for manager Jim if you have any issues. Jim is great. I have purchased 10 pairs from them (9 shell, 1 calf) and numerous trees, etc.
Also, if the email address you are using is firstname.lastname@example.org you are receiving replies from Alden's home base in Mass. Use email@example.com for the actual Alden SF shop.
Alden SF is one of the first retailers I go to.post #39087 of 12241612/11/12 at 7:10ampost #39088 of 12241612/11/12 at 7:17ampost #39089 of 12241612/11/12 at 7:18ampost #39090 of 12241612/11/12 at 7:33am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Unhappy Bespoke Experience Review 7 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...