They really do, and they've screwed up some really good makeups in the process.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: Yesterday
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2605
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39062 of 12241612/10/12 at 7:21pmpost #39063 of 12241612/10/12 at 8:14pmpost #39064 of 12241612/10/12 at 8:17pmpost #39065 of 12241612/10/12 at 8:27pmpost #39066 of 12241612/10/12 at 8:38pmpost #39067 of 12241612/10/12 at 8:39pmpost #39068 of 12241612/10/12 at 8:52pmpost #39069 of 12241612/10/12 at 8:55pm
I have one pair with crepe soles, the LS Natty CXL Tanker. I like it. It's light weight and quiet. Off the top of my head, I want to say that the crepe sole was used for desert combat boots. So, I wouldn't expect it to be robust in snow and ice conditions (I have not tried it myself). On the flip side, I wear my Alden boots in the spring/summer. So, the crepe sole works very well for me.post #39070 of 12241612/10/12 at 9:03pmQuote:
Pretty much what prompted my question. Wore my J&M Conley Short Wings and was wishing they were Alden Shell'spost #39071 of 12241612/10/12 at 9:18pmQuote:
How did you get that price? Website showing $651 before discount. For those who have done so, did you just call and ask for the discount?post #39072 of 12241612/10/12 at 9:27pmpost #39073 of 12241612/10/12 at 9:38pmmaybe i'm being a needy customer but i'm a bit irked at the lack of service from Alden of SF. I ordered the Ravello LWB on Saturday evening. After somebody suggesting they came with dark trim, I e-mailed them to ask about the trim. I asked if they could send a picture. The response I got was "It's antique trim. I can't send a picture." Okay? You don't have a smartphone? Whatever, fine. I thanked them for verifying and told them no picture was necessary. I informed them I would be leaving for Sweden in 10 days and wanted to know when I could expect them to ship. The response was: "You'll receive a confirmation sometime later today." Later today I received an e-mail from "UPS Quantum View," the automated UPS shipping notification. No e-mail from Alden of SF. No "Thank you for your order." No "Don't worry, we'll take care of it." It must be nice to sell a product that will sell out regardless of how you treat your customers. Would I shop there again? Sure, if they had something I really wanted... but if it came down to purchasing from somewhere else over them, I wouldn't even have to think twice about purchasing somewhere else. I just hope there is nothing wrong with them, I loathe to imagine engaging in any customer service issue with them. /end rantpost #39074 of 12241612/10/12 at 9:44pmpost #39075 of 12241612/10/12 at 9:55pmQuote:
trust me. i know. Bryan is my dude. but i've received better service at a McDonald's drive-thru... these are $710 shoes. not a dollar menu.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 38 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 41 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 59 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 4 minutes ago
- › The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories porn... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...