maybe its the lighting, what makes this different from the CXL indy?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:43 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Today
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2547post #38191 of 12241611/28/12 at 3:36pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38192 of 12241611/28/12 at 3:41pmpost #38193 of 12241611/28/12 at 4:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
They are indeed very similar. These are on the Modified last, which is what appeals to me. I also like the closed heal on the model from Moulded. Of course, the J Crew version has the advantage of a commando sole. Apparently they don't do that for the Modified last.
Moulded Shoe can add one at the shop.post #38194 of 12241611/28/12 at 4:21pmQuote:
I do, because Alden's laces are confoundedly long.post #38195 of 12241611/28/12 at 4:25pmQuote:
Those ravellos are gorgeous. I don't tie the laces around the ankle anymore. But I have a weird reason for not doing so as I actually like that look sometimes or for a change.
When I cross my legs and I'm just sitting (in a meeting, talking or watching tv), I tend to put my hand on the boot and just feel the incredible texture of the leather, whether it's shell or calf or whatever. Many of my boots have such a wonderful tactile feel to them. And the laces around the ankle prevented full appreciation of the tactile sensation. I know...I'm weird.post #38196 of 12241611/28/12 at 4:29pmpost #38197 of 12241611/28/12 at 4:30pmpost #38198 of 12241611/28/12 at 4:34pmpost #38199 of 12241611/28/12 at 4:36pmpost #38200 of 12241611/28/12 at 5:14pmpost #38201 of 12241611/28/12 at 5:33pmpost #38202 of 12241611/28/12 at 6:22pmOriginally Posted by BootSpell
When I cross my legs and I'm just sitting (in a meeting, talking or watching tv), I tend to put my hand on the boot and just feel the incredible texture of the leather, whether it's shell or calf or whatever. Many of my boots have such a wonderful tactile feel to them. And the laces around the ankle prevented full appreciation of the tactile sensation. I know...I'm weird.
^this is goldpost #38203 of 12241611/28/12 at 6:42pm
So I just received my new J Crew Cap Toe Boots (color 8), and I'm not sure I want to keep them. Is there anyone out there that has these boots that regrets not purchasing the TSM version on the grant last with no speed hooks instead? I'm having second thoughts. I love the barrie last, but not sure if I like it for a boot. (These are my first pair of shell boots.) Thanks in advance...post #38204 of 12241611/28/12 at 6:50pm
i just wanted to take the time to thank all the wonderful retailers who have given a newbie like me the opportunity to purchase rare shell colors like #4, ravello, cigar, and whiskey even though i do not have to have a "special relationship" with them in order to buy their special make-ups. so i'd like to give a big shout out and mahalo to leffot, shoemart, unionmade, epaulet, alden carmel, ny, and dc. it is very very much appreciated!!!!!! :)
post #38205 of 12241611/28/12 at 6:51pmQuote:
I just started and have to say that I now prefer it that way. Laces do not loosen up as much and not so much tail to deal with after tying
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Things you just don't get 6 seconds ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 49 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 3 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 4 minutes ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 5 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 5 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...