Wow. Most excellent.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 5:49 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2495post #37411 of 12241611/11/12 at 4:52pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37412 of 12241611/11/12 at 5:37pmpost #37413 of 12241611/11/12 at 6:33pmSo, if I wear an 11 in most tennis shoes (Nike, etc.) and Red Wings size 11 run a little big on me, should I try my luck with size 10 in Alden? Of course, with J. Crew I can return, but I'd like to get it right the first time. Thanks.post #37414 of 12241611/11/12 at 7:18pmpost #37415 of 12241611/12/12 at 1:00amI recently picked up a pair of new Indys from an SF-er abroad. After lacing them up, I've accepted the fact that they will stretch out and become too big (even with another insole).
I've tried the right shoe on once. Knowing the strict Alden return policy, are there any options in trying to get it swapped for a smaller size? I know I can't break the last but I think I have slightly creased the inner side of the boot. I will go to the NYC store once I return and figure out what my exact size is.
Is my only option trying to find an exchange on the forums? For anyone looking, I'm hoping to trade these 8D for a smaller pair (I'm guessing 7.5 atm).post #37416 of 12241611/12/12 at 5:24ampost #37417 of 12241611/12/12 at 6:03ampost #37418 of 12241611/12/12 at 7:28ampost #37419 of 12241611/12/12 at 8:21ampost #37420 of 12241611/12/12 at 9:18ampost #37421 of 12241611/12/12 at 9:30ampost #37422 of 12241611/12/12 at 9:44amQuote:
Do most here use this? I've never tried it. How does it affect the mac method? Is this just the same silicon based waterproofing stuff as other makers use?post #37423 of 12241611/12/12 at 9:56ampost #37424 of 12241611/12/12 at 11:54ampost #37425 of 12241611/12/12 at 12:02pm
You are in for a treat. Got my day trippers on Friday. And wow—they are just as good looking as the original pics posted on Leffot. I haven't worn ravello before, but they seem to be right on.
I’ll offer up some testimony I wish I had been able to find from others while they were on order... In sum, ½ size down on the grant fits very well...for me.
My 9C shell LWBs are roomier than my 9D reverse chamois LWBs, so I believe the axiom that cordovan fits looser than other materials on the same last. My Leydon lasted 9.5D suede chukkas felt snugger than both of those when new, but they are now perfectly comfortable and not sloppy. The good gents at Leffot assured me that I should order the Grant-lasted DTs in the same size as my shell LWBs. I did, and after reading more claims that Grant was TTS, so began 13 months of fretting that they would be too tight. There are differing opinions on the Grant, and I suppose for good reason: If the sizing chart is to be used as a guide (I forget who gets credit for that), the Grant straddles the line between TTS and size down. Some say shell stretches, some say it doesn’t; some say it merely molds. I was afraid that some stretching would be needed. These are comfy out of the box, and if these babies only loosen by breaking in the footbed, they’ll be perfect. Perfect, as in mine.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 9 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 45 seconds ago
- › Loafers with a suit? 48 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...