Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 10/25/15 at 6:54pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2475
Styleforum Top Picks
Looks like a problem with the piping. if the piping finish is cracked then i would send them back, if just color then no big deal.
#8 in general. Have bought the two LWB, LHS, captoe boot and returned / sold all of them. #8 just doesn't look good in my opinion. Much rather wear brown shades with jeans vs. burgundy and if I am more dressed up then black or brown shoes
Customer Service Note
I was having a horrible problem with my black calf NSTs from Moulded Shoe. They had a VERY loud squeaking problem. I sent them back to Moulded shoe, but they were unable to correct the problem. I considered my options and decided to send them back to the Alden factory. Alden called me the same day that they received the shoes. The agent apologized for the issue and promised that they would "make it right". He quoted a four week turn around to repair the shoes.
I just received them, three weeks later. Alden did a full re-sole and refinished the uppers and put new laces on. The shoes look great, and they are as quiet as quiet as can be. I must say that Alden has been very good to me. This is the second issue they have helped me with so far. No fuss. And no charge for the services.
Glad to hear you were able to get your issue resolved in such a timely fashion.
Also great to hear that they stand behind they're product and provided such outstanding customer support.
I believe you have committed heresy.
Color 8 = the King.
You have to earn color 8 - it isn't so special when it's new. I have some 1980's-era color 8 shells that have mellowed into the most magnificent shades of brown - similar to today's cigar but mottled chocolate with tinges of burgundy. I think aged color 8 looks better than my newer pairs of cigar shell. You just have to wait for 20 years or so to fully appreciate it
That sounds so cool.
However since this also means I'll be 20 years older as well, I think I'll just take my time and enjoy life and watch both myself and my shoes slowly patina together.
I definitely prefer the dark #8 that looks more brown than my recent #8 purchases that look more reddish purplish like an eggplant. It's been my experience though that the #8 LWB tends to be darker than other models with #8.
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 42 seconds ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 20 minutes ago
- › Pin Grain Leather for Shoes- Input and Feedback Appreciated 24 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 30 minutes ago
- › OAK ROOM - EG CARMINA GG FOSTER RUTHERFORDS - Official... 37 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 38 minutes ago
- › Heavy smartphones and suits/sports jackets 42 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 42 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories