Depends on the last. Most Alden boots are on the Trubalance/Barrie last and the common experience has been to size down 1/2. Some boots are on the Grant last which is supposed to be true to size.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 6:05 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2463post #36931 of 12241610/30/12 at 9:20am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36932 of 12241610/30/12 at 9:32ampost #36933 of 12241610/30/12 at 10:16amQuote:
Moi Aussi...I had strict weight limits for the next stop on the itinerary but had to bring the Indys- wore them on the plane...
Was so glad I had them in Paris - perfect combo of sturdy walking yet stylish looking...didn't feel like too much of a dolt of a touron...
Felt pretty "dope" as I flashed them to general public as I sat at a cafe (or 5) and tried to look sophisticated ( I am sure I failed at that as I didn't smoke)
I even proudly wore them into the Edward Green shop I passedpost #36934 of 12241610/30/12 at 10:25ampost #36935 of 12241610/30/12 at 10:44ampost #36936 of 12241610/30/12 at 10:56ampost #36937 of 12241610/30/12 at 11:14amQuote:Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy
RAVELLO SWB in 9D (Barrie Last) from Leathersoul
I bought the SWB in May and have worn them a handful of times. Great shoe. I also have the Ravello captoe blucher on the Plaza Last with medallion toe. In all seriousness, I don't need both, and I have enough Barrie lasted shoes that I may be willing to part with the SWBs. If anyone is interested in the SWB (buy or swap; or combination), PM me. For a swap, I would be looking primarily for a model not on the Barrie and not on the Trubalance.
I felt like I was in the same boat when I purchased the ravello cap toe bluchers on the plaza, which is why I have listed my ravello ptb's.post #36938 of 12241610/30/12 at 11:34amQuote:
You can get heel slippage from new loafers as you wait for the sole to become more flexible. Would think that on a second hand pair this should not happen. Sounds like they are too big. Not every last works for every foot.post #36939 of 12241610/30/12 at 12:09pmpost #36940 of 12241610/30/12 at 12:45pmQuote:
Merely a suggestion. Never tried these, but plan on trying them on some non-alden boots that I am getting.post #36941 of 12241610/30/12 at 1:17pmpost #36942 of 12241610/30/12 at 1:37pmQuote:
I do not know what kind they are...but I went into the Alden SF store with the same complaint/request and they gave me some round nylon ( i think) laces that are awesome on in my Indys- super tough...perhaps call them and see what they are using...post #36943 of 12241610/30/12 at 1:40pm
easy...they are not CXL...they are #8 and not that shiny considering
I did give them a dash of polish and significant elbow grease (Mac method) prior to departure...but after several days of travel and traipsing they were not that shiny if you saw them up close..post #36944 of 12241610/30/12 at 1:56pmpost #36945 of 12241610/30/12 at 2:03pmQuote:
I'm so happy for you!
I wear a lot of denim being a college student and I was weary of #8s.
You may have sold me on them. Damn you! (says my wallet)
Thanks for a great picture
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 42 seconds ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 8 minutes ago
- › Random Food Questions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...