got my email confirmation from O'Connells.. They even applied the 10% off without me having to inquire, two thumbs up from me.. pair of cigar chukkas shipped for $585, not sure anyone else can match that price
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 10/25/15 at 6:54pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2461
Styleforum Top Picks
Not a good day to wear these new blue suede plaza boots from J. Gilbert.
Needless to say, no natural light today. These look more purple with the flash than they actually are. In real life these are a gorgeous navy suede. Loving boots on the plaza last more and more.
Thanks Yenni and CTYGGG for your help !
Here are a few shots of my travel collection, taken during a business trip. The J. Gilbert boots are new, the others have a few miles on them. By the way, these J. Gilbert boots are my first on the Plaza last, and I really like them. Of course Yenni was great to deal with. Though I had some trepidation due to only having experienced the Trubalance and Barrie lasts before, the Plaza fits fine and looks great. I'm really happy with them.
Clockwise, from eleven o'clock: Alden for Epaulet Officer Indy (brown CXL); J. Gilbert #8 wingtip boot, Plaza last; Alden SF ravello PTB; MOTO Long Chukka (black CXL).
Kram - those # 8 plaza wing tip boots are gorgeous. Nice pick up!
Bought them on Ebay.us this year in mint condition - can't say how old they are.
No, i don't desire to get them darker.
Flashlight enlightens them of course a bit although they look in natural light not as dark as shown by PD
also my C&J for RL unlided Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer don't appear so dark
C & J Harvard Penny Loafer Shell Cordovan 001.JPG 2851k .JPG file
Thanks! I kept going back and forth in my mind between the #8 wingtip boots from TSM, which are Barrie, and these from J.Gilbert, which are Plaza. In the end, I got the Plaza boots and I'm very happy with them. It's a different look from my Barrie-lasted #8 LWBs too, so it doesn't feel like I have two pairs that are too similar to each other.
You guys know more than me on this subject, but with this reasoning, wouldn't medium brown, as opposed to light brown, be the correct choice for dark brown shoes? I guess I don't understand why you would go all the way down to light brown for dark brown shoes.
evidence in practice
Ralph Lauren Marlow C&J 325 006.JPG 2946k .JPG file
Ralph Lauren Marlow C&J 325 002.JPG 2861k .JPG file
@ sevenfoldtieguy - are your Marlows darker than mine?
It's interesting how much lighter yours are than the ones on the website:
and for example, here:
How old are yours? Maybe they get lighter over time? If so, perhaps the darker polish is desirable if you wish to keep the dark brown color?
I believe the older version of the RL Marlow were called the Darlton. They were lighter color brown; very similar to the ravello but maybe a little darker.
Thank you. I have all but the whiskey. Not sure I will pursue it. I have the J Crew color 8 cap toe boot on the way. I'm thinking Black Shell PTB will follow shortly. Afterward, I'm afraid my Alden purchases will be shut down for a while.
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 10 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 2 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Black Captoe Oxford GMTO 3 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 4 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 27/11-2015: CHALKS AND PINS 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › What to wear for Chrismas? - Please i need as much tips as possible. 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories