got my email confirmation from O'Connells.. They even applied the 10% off without me having to inquire, two thumbs up from me.. pair of cigar chukkas shipped for $585, not sure anyone else can match that price
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2461post #36902 of 12241610/29/12 at 2:30pmSandy is killing us here in NJ. Hope everyone is safe!
Not a good day to wear these new blue suede plaza boots from J. Gilbert.
Needless to say, no natural light today. These look more purple with the flash than they actually are. In real life these are a gorgeous navy suede. Loving boots on the plaza last more and more.
Thanks Yenni and CTYGGG for your help !post #36903 of 12241610/29/12 at 2:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by kram6136
Here are a few shots of my travel collection, taken during a business trip. The J. Gilbert boots are new, the others have a few miles on them. By the way, these J. Gilbert boots are my first on the Plaza last, and I really like them. Of course Yenni was great to deal with. Though I had some trepidation due to only having experienced the Trubalance and Barrie lasts before, the Plaza fits fine and looks great. I'm really happy with them.
Clockwise, from eleven o'clock: Alden for Epaulet Officer Indy (brown CXL); J. Gilbert #8 wingtip boot, Plaza last; Alden SF ravello PTB; MOTO Long Chukka (black CXL).
Kram - those # 8 plaza wing tip boots are gorgeous. Nice pick up!post #36904 of 12241610/29/12 at 2:43pmpost #36905 of 12241610/29/12 at 2:49pmQuote:
Bought them on Ebay.us this year in mint condition - can't say how old they are.
No, i don't desire to get them darker.Quote:
Flashlight enlightens them of course a bit although they look in natural light not as dark as shown by PD
also my C&J for RL unlided Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer don't appear so dark
C & J Harvard Penny Loafer Shell Cordovan 001.JPG 2851k .JPG file
Joachimpost #36906 of 12241610/29/12 at 2:56pm
Thanks! I kept going back and forth in my mind between the #8 wingtip boots from TSM, which are Barrie, and these from J.Gilbert, which are Plaza. In the end, I got the Plaza boots and I'm very happy with them. It's a different look from my Barrie-lasted #8 LWBs too, so it doesn't feel like I have two pairs that are too similar to each other.post #36907 of 12241610/29/12 at 3:05pmpost #36908 of 12241610/29/12 at 3:19pmpost #36909 of 12241610/29/12 at 3:49pmpost #36910 of 12241610/29/12 at 3:50pmpost #36911 of 12241610/29/12 at 4:06pmpost #36912 of 12241610/29/12 at 4:13pmpost #36913 of 12241610/29/12 at 4:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Papa DobleQuote:Originally Posted by terradilavoro
You guys know more than me on this subject, but with this reasoning, wouldn't medium brown, as opposed to light brown, be the correct choice for dark brown shoes? I guess I don't understand why you would go all the way down to light brown for dark brown shoes.
evidence in practice
Ralph Lauren Marlow C&J 325 006.JPG 2946k .JPG file
Ralph Lauren Marlow C&J 325 002.JPG 2861k .JPG file
@ sevenfoldtieguy - are your Marlows darker than mine?
It's interesting how much lighter yours are than the ones on the website:
and for example, here:
How old are yours? Maybe they get lighter over time? If so, perhaps the darker polish is desirable if you wish to keep the dark brown color?
I believe the older version of the RL Marlow were called the Darlton. They were lighter color brown; very similar to the ravello but maybe a little darker.post #36914 of 12241610/29/12 at 4:16pmpost #36915 of 12241610/29/12 at 4:21pmQuote:
Thank you. I have all but the whiskey. Not sure I will pursue it. I have the J Crew color 8 cap toe boot on the way. I'm thinking Black Shell PTB will follow shortly. Afterward, I'm afraid my Alden purchases will be shut down for a while.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 18 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Best shirts in NYC? 2 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 8 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...