or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2427  

post #36391 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post

Are these Barrie or TB?
Not for me, but I really like these. Very unusual combination of details.

TB, I think a Barrie last version of these would be pretty awesome biggrin.gif
post #36392 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

TB, I think a Barrie last version of these would be pretty awesome biggrin.gif

http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2011/06/28/alden-shoes-cxl-pitt-boots-lsw-lsbh/

cxlpit2.jpg

(leather sole instead of crepe)
post #36393 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

new from J.crew. #8 LWB, eyelets, antique edge, crepe sole

those look great. your post prompted a trip to the jcrew site where i saw these inlove.gif

say what you will about J Crew, they have some pretty fine makeups.
post #36394 of 122416
Yeah much as folks look down their nose at J. Crew, they have some nice makes, plus they're in stock and ready to go.
post #36395 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post



Wet day in New England

Photo%20Oct%2019%2C%201%2055%2023%20PM.jpg
Nice Wigglr! It was sunny in California … I know, hard to believe. wink.gif
post #36396 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

Wow so gorgeous. Nice to see your pics again

thank you
post #36397 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolero View Post

Stunning...the blind eyelets are a nice detail.

thank you
post #36398 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post

No, not justifiably so.
Yes, identity theft is awful, but there's no connection between disclosure of email addresses and identity theft. The most liberal states and courts in the nation will hot hold email addresses as private information. No plaintiffs attorney has found a single plaintiff who has suffered actual damages from the loss of an email address.
Anybody who complains about their email address being lost is just making unnecessary noise.
And since I've somewhat derailed, here's to get us back on track: new whiskey LHS.
A8683D9F-7115-425C-977A-6D87430F5F85-750-000000449E426D29.jpg

wear in good health
post #36399 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Oh wow... drool.gif

Adding to my want list

thank you
post #36400 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Very nice.


Great Looking Boot.


thank you
post #36401 of 122416
Looking to purchase my first pair of Aldens. Probably going to be the J Crew plain toe boot. Is there anything else similar that is readily available in a darker brown?

47357_SP1014?$pdp_fs418$
post #36402 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETW View Post

Looking to purchase my first pair of Aldens. Probably going to be the J Crew plain toe boot. Is there anything else similar that is readily available in a darker brown?
47357_SP1014?$pdp_fs418$


Have you handled these in person? I was happy to hear when they had them at a local store, but I gotta say I was less than impressed once I saw them, esp when they were on the shelf next to chromexcel indys.

If you're patient, and after a darker plain toe boot, then I'd suggest getting on the list for the Roy boot from context.
In my mind, the chromexcel really is better than the standard alden calf, and lends itself so much better to this type of boot.
post #36403 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by speekez View Post

PLAZA PLAIN TOE. too cool, man. super smart

I wish vendors would do more blind eyelet boots, especially plain, cap and brogue captoe styles. These plaza plain toes are boss, though, undoubtedly.
post #36404 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post

Have you handled these in person? I was happy to hear when they had them at a local store, but I gotta say I was less than impressed once I saw them, esp when they were on the shelf next to chromexcel indys.
If you're patient, and after a darker plain toe boot, then I'd suggest getting on the list for the Roy boot from context.
In my mind, the chromexcel really is better than the standard alden calf, and lends itself so much better to this type of boot.

Disagree. CXL creases like hell, which drives me nuts. My boots looked like a 100 year old man after 5 wears. And thats with diligently using trees and Saphir Reno....
post #36405 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post

Yeah much as folks look down their nose at J. Crew, they have some nice makes, plus they're in stock and ready to go.

Uh, disagree again. Curmudgeon mode.

J. Crew has slowed production for all of the other vendors - who have far superior makeups - to a halt. I have their PT Tobacco Calf Boot, and it is nice, but all the makeups I've gotten from LS, Moulded, Anatomica, Leffot, Unionmade, Alden on Madison and Shoemart were better. Think of how excellent Alden of DC and SF makeups are. These are all small, traditional shoe/clothing shops, that obviously take the time to think up some different and exciting makeups. J.Crew has a big bank account and is somehow *corrupting* Alden. It's sad how infrequently you'll see new arrivals pop up at these shops while J.Crew has a shitload of their *okay* makeups in stock....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.