or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2425  

post #36361 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner View Post

Here's a photo from July but updated just now to reflect the deletions from my collection. #8 Chukkas from AoC and whiskey wingtips from Epaulet are currently on order...

Today's footwear choice is the LSxSE "Conservation Boot" in the upper left corner.

very nice wardrobe
post #36362 of 122416
1rf3ti.jpg
cigar wt boot
argyles otc
2uomnly.jpg
post #36363 of 122416

Its kind of funny because they said it the email:

 

"...trust and know that your information will not be given..."

post #36364 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

1rf3ti.jpg
cigar wt boot
argyles otc
2uomnly.jpg

Wow so gorgeous. Nice to see your pics again
post #36365 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Its kind of funny because they said it the email:

 

"...trust and know that your information will not be given..."

clearly it's their 1st foray into using this thing called a computer, someone must have donated them an e-machine

post #36366 of 122416
lol fuckin Alden DC just gave out my person email address to a bunch of people..
post #36367 of 122416
Geez, who's running their mail server that lets them send out an email to 1,000 people? I can't do that without using a list service or similar. Of course, this is a good example of why not to try. They really should have ponied up the $200 or so to use Constant Contact or similar.
post #36368 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Its kind of funny because they said it the email:

"...trust and know that your information will not be given..."

This line in just about any public-facing privacy policy applies to the selling of infomration to third party marketers.

Either way, it's name + email address. It's not personally identifiable information and doesn't constitute a privacy breach or wrongful disclosure. This is much ado about nothing.
post #36369 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post


This line in just about any public-facing privacy policy applies to the selling of infomration to third party marketers.
Either way, it's name + email address. It's not personally identifiable information and doesn't constitute a privacy breach or wrongful disclosure. This is much ado about nothing.

I know, I just thought it was kind of funny.

post #36370 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

I know, I just thought it was kind of funny.

It's certainly not an advisable practice... I work in this industry though and it's crazy how much some people will freak out over disclosure of non-private information.
post #36371 of 122416
Someone should sell the list to any shoe retailer, or trade it for a pair of aldens lol8[1].gif
post #36372 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post

This line in just about any public-facing privacy policy applies to the selling of infomration to third party marketers.
Either way, it's name + email address. It's not personally identifiable information and doesn't constitute a privacy breach or wrongful disclosure. This is much ado about nothing.

You're wrong though. People now a days really need to be aware about how much information you get get from someone with just an email address. If I had time or a motive I could look at that list and cross reference it with the hundreds of thousands of database cracks that have been uploaded to the internet in the pass year. I'm sure I would easily find many people who used that email to sign up for a service and the password for the service. Since many people use the same password for multiple sites I could continue on that path and eventually access their main email or do some other serious damage. For example if someone took my email, ran it through the EA database leaks that are uploaded everywhere they would find my password to the EA account which was my password to many websites (until I changed it and started using a third party password encryption program).
post #36373 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1rf3ti.jpg
cigar wt boot
argyles otc Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
2uomnly.jpg

Stunning...the blind eyelets are a nice detail.
post #36374 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

You're wrong though. People now a days really need to be aware about how much information you get get from someone with just an email address. If I had time or a motive I could look at that list and cross reference it with the hundreds of thousands of database cracks that have been uploaded to the internet in the pass year. I'm sure I would easily find many people who used that email to sign up for a service and the password for the service. Since many people use the same password for multiple sites I could continue on that path and eventually access their main email or do some other serious damage. For example if someone took my email, ran it through the EA database leaks that are uploaded everywhere they would find my password to the EA account which was my password to many websites (until I changed it and started using a third party password encryption program).

1. If someone is going to go through this fantastic fact pattern, whether or not the information is accidentally disclosed is really immaterial. Let's be honest - anybody willing to go to that level of effort would probably just hack into a company and take the email addresses, instead of waiting for a silly email using a "To" field instead of a "BCC." And surely we can agree it would be easy, as I doubt many (any?) retailers are storing email addresses encrypted at rest.

2. Why would anybody bother with cross-checking email addresses when there is a wealth of legitimate PII available online?

By the way, your scenario is the same hypothetical fact pattern that has been used in a number of email breach lawsuits and shot down every time because plaitiff attorneys haven't been able to find a single person who's had actual damages arising out of an email breach.
post #36375 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

I know, I just thought it was kind of funny.

It's certainly not an advisable practice... I work in this industry though and it's crazy how much some people will freak out over disclosure of non-private information.


And justifiably so!  Identity theft really stinks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.