Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 12:06 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2389
Styleforum Top Picks
+1. I'm an 8.5D in my Alden of DC #8 captoe boots on the Grant last and a 8D in my Cigar Indy's on the Trubalance last, which I'm wearing today...
+1, I wear Grant last TTS (size 9D) and 8.5D in Barrie last.
Sizing up either a width or length is true... The heel/ball length on grant is shorter than trubalance (I don't have exact measurements). I'm a "true" 9.5E in Barrie/Trubalance, and my Grant boots in 10E fit great. I also can (and do) wear 10D in Barrie and Trubalance.
This is a good point... Retailers alternate between saying going down a half size in Grant (as well as Tremont) versus going true to size. If you have a wide foot (i.e. if you are measured for an E width in Barrie or Trubalance), you will be much better off getting an E width in Grant and Tremont (most retailers that stock Grant boots stock E sizes). I figured this out the hard way with a pair of Tremont color 4 Atoms - Though I can wear either 10D or 9.5E in Barrie, I couldn't really wear 10D in Tremont, and 10.5D may not have worked either. I'd imagine Grant has the same sizing issue.
Pic (Click to show)
First few steps in new cigar cap toe (plaza) from TSM 2nd's list. Had a crease on the right shoe when I gottem'. The plaza is such a refined, sleek last (in the world of orthopedics). Perfect for chinos and suits (unlike #8 barries) Ecstatic about these.
Very nice. I picked up a pair of those from Alden NY back in the Spring and it has quickly become one of my favorites. Completely agree on the Plaza as well; it's become my go-to-last as I much prefer the "relative sleekness" for my business-heavy wardrobe.
Took the plunge on some irregulars from shoemart. I talked to Mark Watrs and was told that he no longer can inspect the actual shoes that you'll get. Someone mentioned that he was able to do that to go over any kind of issues that your shoes could have. Oh well.
They sometimes, although rarely, send you a giftcard in the mail if you have been a customer in the past but haven't bought in a while and are on their mailing list.
I think I got a $25. giftcard with a 'we miss you' greeting card in the mail, and bought my Color 8 Cap Toe boots for a discount using that.
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- › Poor man's watch thread 6 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 4 minutes ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...