Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 1:33 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2379post #35671 of 12241610/5/12 at 7:10am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35672 of 12241610/5/12 at 7:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Even if the Thor boot preorder with Alden DC is closed, you may be able to buy a pair once the shoes are delivered if one of the preorder-ers doesn't complete the purchase or if Alden DC orders extra pairs of the boot for the store (that's how I got my whiskey Indy boots)
I got in on a preorder model from JGilbert one time because they had ordered extra pairs in my size.post #35673 of 12241610/5/12 at 7:56amQuote:Originally Posted by Chaos_Cow
Man... I'm going crazy looking for Ravello plain toe boots or cap toe boots. I don't even need them in the next year, I'm just looking for someone who would be put me on the pre-order list so I feel like there's some sort of progress being made. Leffot said that they won't take more pre-orders as they don't know when more Ravello shells are being made - does anyone know other pre-order etc going on?
I've apparently got a nasty completionist streak that these shoes just wake up in me.
If you find someone who's taking orders let us know. Or at least mepost #35674 of 12241610/5/12 at 7:57amQuote:Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Even if the Thor boot preorder with Alden DC is closed, you may be able to buy a pair once the shoes are delivered if one of the preorder-ers doesn't complete the purchase or if Alden DC orders extra pairs of the boot for the store (that's how I got my whiskey Indy boots)Quote:
Thanks guys. Someone post when they're coming in to Alden DC and I'll give them a call.post #35675 of 12241610/5/12 at 8:08amQuote:
I got on the second order in Oct. of 2011. When that order went in it was said to expect a late fall 2012 delivery. I think there was a third order as well that went in early 2012. Of course the wait times could change drastically.post #35676 of 12241610/5/12 at 8:20amFWIW, some ravello seems to be creeping out of the Alden factory. A bunch of stores seem to have restocked some models. I just ordered some ravello chukkas from the Shoe Mart, they had been out of that model before.post #35677 of 12241610/5/12 at 8:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Even if the Thor boot preorder with Alden DC is closed, you may be able to buy a pair once the shoes are delivered if one of the preorder-ers doesn't complete the purchase or if Alden DC orders extra pairs of the boot for the store (that's how I got my whiskey Indy boots)Quote:Quote:
FWIW It probably can't hurt to try and get on a waitlist now if possible. Over the summer JGilbert received an order of Cigar Indys that was already pre-subscribed. Since they were already sold out I was added to the list for their next pre-order which hadn't even been accepted by Alden yet. A few weeks later I received a call from Yenni at JGilbert that someone backed out of their Cigar Indy order and since I was first on the pre-order list for that size she offered them to me. I got lucky and I'm $700+ poorer now....post #35678 of 12241610/5/12 at 9:02ampost #35679 of 12241610/5/12 at 9:09ampost #35680 of 12241610/5/12 at 9:15amQuote:Originally Posted by mr chorizo
speaking of ravello, this auction will be VERY interesting to watch.
quite a shame this is in my size....
I'll put the over/under at...$695post #35681 of 12241610/5/12 at 9:17ampost #35682 of 12241610/5/12 at 9:31amJust trying to see if there is interest among my Alden brethren in a brand new pair of burgundy shell captoe boots from C&J:
They retail for $998, but I am willing to sell for less. Size 10D, and the consensus is they fit TTS. They are beautiful and well constructed (Dainite sole, which I actually prefer over the commando sole). If no interest I am returning them. The fit for my foot just isn't quite right.
PM me.post #35683 of 12241610/5/12 at 9:32ampost #35684 of 12241610/5/12 at 9:39ampost #35685 of 12241610/5/12 at 9:53amThey probably don't even have a mailing list together yet. When I was in a couple weeks ago they were showing me how they had to transcribe by hand onto paper every e-mail address submitted and then will have to type them into their e-mail system. No copy and paste possible for some reason. So, it may yet be a while.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 37 seconds ago
- › 2015 Ermenegildo Zegna Solid Black Milano Fit Suit, 38R (48R EU)... 1 minute ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 5 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...