Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 12:32 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2359
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35372 of 1224169/28/12 at 8:58ampost #35373 of 1224169/28/12 at 9:16ampost #35374 of 1224169/28/12 at 10:41ampost #35375 of 1224169/28/12 at 11:28ampost #35376 of 1224169/28/12 at 11:42amcats paws will most likely wear out even faster
i'm about to send in my Indy's for a full resole; neoprene sole is starting to come apart at the tip and heels are worn (second time). I'm thinking single leather midsole and red dainite solepost #35377 of 1224169/28/12 at 11:48ampost #35378 of 1224169/28/12 at 12:00pmpost #35379 of 1224169/28/12 at 12:56pmpost #35380 of 1224169/28/12 at 1:29pmQuote:
Or a cobler.
Or something in Chromexcel from any maker.post #35381 of 1224169/28/12 at 1:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Alcibiades
I've always found the NST shoe to be a bit of an odd one... It combines some relatively sleek features (blind eyelet vamp, single leather sole, flat welt, Aberdeen last) with a pattern in the front of the shoe that makes the shoe simply look very big and casual. Every time I look at the shoe at Alden NYC, I'm always struck at how "big" it looks compared to other cordovan shoes the same size. I think the NST looks a whole lot better on a boot. Maybe Alden should experiment with machine stitching on the NST shoe...
I have the color 8 nst boot on the Plaza with commando sole on order from JGilbert and I am hopeful they will work for me. I previously ordered the ravello nst boot on the Aberdeen from TSM and, while it was beautiful, I had to return it due to it being too pointy for me.post #35382 of 1224169/28/12 at 1:38pmQuote:
i posted this before, but my cobbler charged me $40 to glue on a vibram commando-style sole onto a pair of aldens. worked great, i actually dont' know what the difference is between that and an official alden commando sole.post #35383 of 1224169/28/12 at 2:11pmQuote:
is yours a full sole or is it like the one that comes from alden? (my cobbler said a full commando was no problem but had no idea where to source the type alden offers)
have you seen the pebbled calf captoe brogue on commando that J Crew offers?
I think it looks badass.post #35384 of 1224169/28/12 at 2:17pmQuote:
here you go:Quote:Originally Posted by mexicutioner
my cobbler glued on a vibram-brand lugged sole onto a pair of old alden wingtips. i think it was $40 total:
dunno if it's as good as getting a full resole w/commando sole, but it did the job. just think of it as a commando topy. so, if nothing else pans out, you can get the shoemart joints, then head to your local cobbler and plunk down $40 or so.post #35385 of 1224169/28/12 at 2:27pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Currently, there are 1306 Active Users (302 Members and 1004 Guests)
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 1 minute ago
- › Enzo Bonafé Split Toe Derby Pre-Order 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...