Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 5:49 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2329post #34921 of 1224169/17/12 at 8:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34922 of 1224169/17/12 at 11:32pmQuote:Quote:Quote:Quote:
thanks guys. I took the same size in barrie because I cant live with creasing - id die. I once owned this shoe in black shell, size 12 and it creased too much for me. The shoe is tight now but from experience should loosen up. Posted a few more pics in my tumblrpost #34923 of 1224169/18/12 at 1:16amQuote:
Great shoes man. Do you size down a half or whole size on barrie?post #34924 of 1224169/18/12 at 4:28ampost #34925 of 1224169/18/12 at 7:18amQuote:
Are they Plaza? Soft quare toe going on...post #34926 of 1224169/18/12 at 7:27ampost #34927 of 1224169/18/12 at 7:29amQuote:
I am surprised you took the same size in this shoe (M-75 Last) as the barrie. In fact, I once tried on this shoe in my Barrie size and my foot was stuffed in the shoe like a sausage. It was actually painful. My barrie size is 9D, TTS 9.5D, and in this shoe I have 10C. The M-75 last is somewhat like the Plaza, but it is, in my experience, smaller/tighter than the Plaza.
I guess we all have unique feet .....post #34928 of 1224169/18/12 at 7:30ampost #34929 of 1224169/18/12 at 7:32ampost #34930 of 1224169/18/12 at 7:40amQuote:
The JCrews are CXL. I believe they just misrepresent the number.Quote:
Interesting - you do not size down on the Barrie from your AE 5 size? I might just have to take a leap of faith on this one.post #34931 of 1224169/18/12 at 7:40amQuote:post #34932 of 1224169/18/12 at 8:34am
I take the Plaza/Hampton AE #5 TTS. I have not found the Plaza toe box to be roomy. It's snug but loosens up a little bit with wear.Quote:post #34933 of 1224169/18/12 at 8:59amQuote:
The J Crew Indy boots are indeed chromexcel - they just mislabel the shoe number. On a somewhat related note, J Crew has claimed that two of their longwing models (tobacco and dark brown) are "chromexcel" - it is believed that J Crew is misrepresenting that (they are more likely normal calfskin), but I haven't seen it definitely confirmed.post #34934 of 1224169/18/12 at 9:07amQuote:
Some people size down for the 5 last because it feels longer than other AE shoes. I personally don't. I take my TTS (9) in AE 5, 7, 8, and 800 lasts. I don't have any Aldens yet.post #34935 of 1224169/18/12 at 9:13amQuote:
I don't, but some do.
The 5 is AE's longest last. Also, I always wear thin dress socks with my 5-lasted shoes (e.g., dark brown shell Strand).
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Currently, there are 1710 Active Users (395 Members and 1315 Guests)
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 7 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 13 seconds ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 27 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions,... 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...