or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2306  

post #34576 of 122416
an offering has been added in my sig for those who wear a 10D on the Barrie
post #34577 of 122416
BBBF today:
tumblr_ma7vcwdSM61qb0bszo1_500.jpg

Pants are left field indigo duck selvedge
post #34578 of 122416
^ The Grant is a very underrated last. It strikes just the right balance between bulbous and overly pointy.
post #34579 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

^ The Grant is a very underrated last. It strikes just the right balance between bulbous and overly pointy.

Yeah like it a lot. It's actually a bit sleeker as the pair there is a bit tight width wise so the shoe bows out a little when I'm wearing (vamp doesn't fully line up like it should)
post #34580 of 122416

anyone gotten irregular mailings from tsm recently? been waiting...expected them within the single digits of september...sad

post #34581 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

came home to another package, been a good week. excuse the horrible pic, I snapped them quick

CXL wingtips from leathersoul and some #8 captoes from here on SF, courtesy of herrmj smile.gif



have never tried the modified last, figured buying used would be an easy (cheaper) way to see if my foot agreed with it. lucky for me it does icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Where are the captoe makeups from originally?
post #34582 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqroot3 View Post

anyone gotten irregular mailings from tsm recently? been waiting...expected them within the single digits of september...sad

I got one 2 days ago for 11.5e, but nothing else (I'm also signed up for 12d, 12e, 11.5d)
post #34583 of 122416
per el argentino's natural cxl indy boots...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Looking good. They almost look like Whiskey in that light.

agreed! how do you polish/care for them? my pair need some love and these look great...
post #34584 of 122416
I am wearing my cigar shell LWBs today, and noticed that the leather has separated on the inner side of one shoe where the longwing is stitched to the vamp. The photo illustrates this, but I have to bend the shoe quite a bit for it to show.

These have been worn no more than 20 times total. I bought them here on the forum within the last six months, and I'm wondering how to approach Alden customer service regarding repair / replacement. Any advice is appreciated.

post #34585 of 122416
I have a question about boots. Alden shoes are not much to my liking but I am found of the boots.

Last fall I purchased a pair of Indy cigar cordovan in a size 11.5 (I believe from Shoe Mart). I almost went with the tanker boot cordovan 8.

I do like the Indy, but now I am considering also getting the tanker. I have a few questions:

How similar are these boots? I don't want shoes that look too much alike.

Are the heels thiner on the tankers thiner than the Indy's? I wear a size 11.5 and the Indy's have quite a substantial heel.

Last question, do I order the same size in tankers (Barrie)?
post #34586 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

per el argentino's natural cxl indy boots...
agreed! how do you polish/care for them? my pair need some love and these look great...

Mac method, man -


Essentially,
Wear
Take off
Trees in
Immediately brush down at medium strength and rather quick brushstrokes for 5-10 minutes (combined)
Put in closet.

I've reno'd them maybe 2x in 9 months now.

Maybe a quick wipedown with a mildly damp towelette or something if they're noticeably dirty - otherwise the brush takes most of it off.

EDIT: I think I applied a single coat of meltonian shoe cream early on in they're life. I believe that's why they've darkened and "aged" a bit from new-naturalCXL color. I like it, personally.
post #34587 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm33 View Post

I am wearing my cigar shell LWBs today, and noticed that the leather has separated on the inner side of one shoe where the longwing is stitched to the vamp. The photo illustrates this, but I have to bend the shoe quite a bit for it to show.
These have been worn no more than 20 times total. I bought them here on the forum within the last six months, and I'm wondering how to approach Alden customer service regarding repair / replacement. Any advice is appreciated.

That much (extreme) rolling/folding looks like the shoes are too big for you. I know you said you had to bend the shoe a lot, but even at full stride she shoe should never look like that. IMO.
post #34588 of 122416


cigar goodness...Alden of DC cap toe in grant.
post #34589 of 122416
^Rockin....love it. JT
post #34590 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

That much (extreme) rolling/folding looks like the shoes are too big for you. I know you said you had to bend the shoe a lot, but even at full stride she shoe should never look like that. IMO.

I sized down appropriately for Barrie last (this isn't my first / only pair of Alden LWB), and there isn't a lot of room in the toe box / they don't slip, so I don't thing sizing is an issue. The shoe is bent at about 45 degrees - maybe more - in that photo. So, with that aside, any advice on how to approach this with Alden since I didn't buy this pair from a store?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.